Got a couple

8SteelTown

Went out early on opening day and to my surprise, nobody else was out at one of my spots. In the weeks leading up, I've seen some nice coveys (size and number). For some reason Saturday morning, they never covey'd up. The first 2 hours of light, it was chasing singles or doubles out of bushes (no shots taken at these ones). Ran into some bigger groups later in the morning. Rough hunt with lots of climbing, dropping, jumping, etc... Weather was perfect and birds in the bag! All in all, a great opening day.

Quail.jpg

i would say this year that is a great haul on cali quail, good job dude

Aeon said:

Thanks... probably going to leave them alone till towards the end of November. Trying my hand at duck and goose next week, and deer the week after... then back on the dove! MAN I love this time of year!

Aeon said:

Nice job 8ST. I agree with Aeon, you have definitely done better than most due to our lack of water here in California. Post up some photos and recipes in the Food section of the forum when you cook those bad boys up (unless you already consumed them :mad:).

NBK said:
Aeon said:

Nice job 8ST. I agree with Aeon, you have definitely done better than most due to our lack of water here in California. Post up some photos and recipes in the Food section of the forum when you cook those bad boys up (unless you already consumed them :mad:).

;D hehehe will do. Thanks!

Suburban Adventuress said:
Awesome - they are fast and squirrely - beautiful photo!

Thank you miss! I'm GREAT at shooting pictures... now if I could only shoot some damn coyotes! ;)

Good job!
I blanked in a spot I saw some good covies in last month. Oh well, it's a long season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu