Got into em decently today

Wardens do not manage pigeons or parrots or starlings or any other non game species. Let's say a commercial fisheries warden was called out to work dove opener. Do you really think he would enforce CODE off of a flyer not produced by the dept..... I think not. It's a flyer not the fish and game code ,not title 14, not regulations set forth by the commision. It's a flyer put together by a group of imperial valley commissioners that obviously have zero understanding of code and or the letter of the law. I support wardens for what they do. Some are under informed but if their not positive they can get a conviction in court most won't cite but write a warning or contact a supervisor for guidance before writing frivolous citations. Most f&g laws are developed after complaints sent in by other hunters and land owners due to certain individuals trying to circumvent the law and gain a upper hand on a sport. Those that manipulate the system or are uniformed will be cited... period. Know the law not the flyer it's real simple. If you can PROVE an uniformed warden wrong they will not cite. Don't be a jerk or your precious time in the field will be wasted and a citation will be found and enforced.

As I understand the code it is not illegal to take feral pigeon's. But it is illegal to take a racing pigeon. Which I researched. A racing pigeon will have a band on it's leg. This code specifies where the bird was registered, location,year and so on. Just don't take these bird. They can cost thousands of dollars. So that is the reason it can be a misdemeanor
http://www.pigeon.org/lostbirdinfo.htm

Now what gets tricky these birds are or can be rock pigeons. Except they have a registered band on their leg.
Don't shoot them. They are private property. And can travel hundreds of miles.
This cleared it up in my opinion. Game wardens can be also law inforcement.

Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu