Got it done on her first quail hunt at nearly 3 yrs old.

ohReally

Nov 23, 2021
d10c38d72f219ba5e70032735fca1d96.jpg

Got a lab puppy from Craigslist during lock downs with no real intentions of her being a gun dog. After a ton of obedience training, last year I decided she needed an outlet and knew she’d enjoy it so I decided to train her to hunt with me. It’s been an awesome but challenging journey as she has a ton of drive but not a lot willingness to please.

She did amazing on her first hunt with my biggest worry of her being gun-shy even though we worked on it. Can’t wait for her to keep learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Keep her on birds, even during off season. I have found males are far better at pleasing owner than females. they call them bitches for a reason. My male GSP's lived their lives pleasing me. The females worked for themselves.

Keep her on birds, even during off season. I have found males are far better at pleasing owner than females. they call them bitches for a reason. My male GSP's lived their lives pleasing me. The females worked for themselves.

Yeah she 100% works for herself but does well with commands. Thanks for the tip for off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh,

That's a great quail hunt...Congrats.......................... :clap:

And when it comes to labs...There ain't anything that they can't do or learn.....................:heart:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu