Great alternative to tree stand hunting

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
I have never liked the idea of sitting in a typical tree stands. Also never liked the idea of having to haul my day pack up the tree with me and hope not to drop anything. I also like being on the ground level in case I see a critter but out of my effective shooting distance.. Anyways I picked up this seat off of amazon for like 50-60 bucks. Straps to a tree quickly and easily at ground level. Tried it out for the first trial run. Worked great! Took me about 30 seconds to set up and it didn't make a sound! Not a peep. I even wiggled around in it and no noise. There's also a little hole near the seat hinge for oil. Should keep it nice and quiet. Weights 4 lbs and fold up flat and attached to my day pack quick and easily. Good option to keep you off the ground and ants :) It said it holds 250/300lbs can't remeber, but at least 250 for sure. I'm 6'3 215lbs and again, no problems.. Just thought I'd share a cool product. The dog pic, was just to give a little size ref. couldn't get a selfie of me in the stand so my dog was my model.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 20
Pretty cool.....Although the idea of tree stands is to keep your scent high & out of eye level sight of given animal.....For turkeys, the turkey lounger seats are the ticket.....Easy to carry around and you're off the ground (Low).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu