Green chili jackrabbit before & after

Re: Green chili jackrabbit before & after

Looks tasty!

Sent via Tapatalk

Did you have to cut the membrane casing from around all the meat or did it soften up by how you cooked it? I braised and boiled mine when I made jack fajitas and had to shred it out of the casing (which turned to rubber).

8SteelTown said:
Did you have to cut the membrane casing from around all the meat or did it soften up by how you cooked it? I braised and boiled mine when I made jack fajitas and had to shred it out of the casing (which turned to rubber).

No I left all the silverskin on because I simmered it for about 2.5 hours until it came apart.

SurfNHuntSD said:
8SteelTown said:

No I left all the silverskin on because I simmered it for about 2.5 hours until it came apart.

Ah... simmering is the key... boiling didn't do anything helpful for me. Good to know for my next recipe. Thanks for the post bud.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu