Green chili jackrabbit before & after

SurfNHuntSD

y9yna8az.jpg

uvuqura7.jpg

sa4ehusa.jpg

I cleaned out the freezer this weekend and cooked up the rest of my jackrabbit from the winter. Tired of stews I decided to try making some green chile. Here's the before and after shots. So good!

Did you have to cut the membrane casing from around all the meat or did it soften up by how you cooked it? I braised and boiled mine when I made jack fajitas and had to shred it out of the casing (which turned to rubber).

Re: Green chili jackrabbit before & after

8SteelTown said:
Did you have to cut the membrane casing from around all the meat or did it soften up by how you cooked it? I braised and boiled mine when I made jack fajitas and had to shred it out of the casing (which turned to rubber).

No I left all the silverskin on because I simmered it for about 2.5 hours until it came apart.

SurfNHuntSD said:
8SteelTown said:

No I left all the silverskin on because I simmered it for about 2.5 hours until it came apart.

Ah... simmering is the key... boiling didn't do anything helpful for me. Good to know for my next recipe. Thanks for the post bud.

Looks great. How did it taste?

NBK said:
Looks great. How did it taste?

Tasted awesome! Next time I might tweak a few things with my recipe but I'm happy with it mostly.

Back