Grey Geese

Oct 11, 2014
Are grey geese considered dark geese? What are the white geese that are not in season at wister? Are they solid white?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MasterBlaster66T said:
Are grey geese considered dark geese? What are the white geese that are not in season at wister? Are they solid white?

I am not sure what you mean about grey geese?

If there are speckle belly geese currently at Wister they are fair game. They go into your dark goose limit.

White geese are snows and ross geese. They also come in blue phase, although rare for ross.

If you do not know how go identify geese please do not shoot them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

White geese are ross, snows and blues. Juvies snows and ross are very gray to slightly gray. Blue juvies are extremely dark gray/blue

3 pics, are of 4 different colors of blue geese from a pure blue on the left to a snow/blue hybrid on the right

Tailgate pic has a mix of juvie blues and snows

Last pic is of dozen or so juvie snows mixed with 6 decoys, several different shades of gray there

Attachments

• bluebellys.jpg
    bluebellys.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 37canada2006.jpg
    37canada2006.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Snowsi_n_Dekes.jpg
    Snowsi_n_Dekes.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 14
Wow, that's a lot of geese. The geese I was wondering about was a speckle belly. Seeing pictures with description is very helpful, much appreciated. I am sure in time identification will become easier for me and all the other green guys.
BTW, what do you do with all those geese, spaghetti, whole bird or partial? I'm hoping to find a good glaze recipe myself, or maybe on a smoker? Anyone ever tried that, or would it lose too much moisture?

It is very tough to confuse a juvie snow or a juvie spec. Pic below is of a juvie spec and adults. We keep some geese but give away a lot too, none of these geese were shot in southern California

Attachments

• Specs_11_30_14.jpg
    Specs_11_30_14.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 13

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu