Grind to fit recoil pad in San Diego?

kal-elk

Aug 21, 2021
Anyone have recommendations for a gunsmith in San Diego who can grind a recoil pad to fit a stock? Looking for one who won't take months to get the stock back.

Thanks!

Anyone have recommendations for a gunsmith in San Diego who can grind a recoil pad to fit a stock? Looking for one who won't take months to get the stock back.

Thanks!

Try calling Duncan's Gun Works in San Marcos....They used to do fitting in a much more timely manner.... :blush:

What kind of gun and what pad?

Hmm, I'd heard they took a bit of time for most work, but I guess I can call and find out if it's the same for stocks.

I picked up a used synthetic stock for a Sako AV and the pad reeks of cigarettes, plus I'd like to put some spacers on as well.

Have you tried Fine Firearms in La Mesa? Or, if you live in the OC....Bolsa Gun

Have you tried taking the pad off and washing it or using mineral oil?

ps......Is it a pre-Garcia AV?

I have not, but I'll look into them as well. It's a blind screw recoil pad, so I figured I would tear it up trying to get the screws out.

This Sako was made early-mid 80s based on the serial number, so no pre-garcia.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu