Gteam on the road to Arizona

gteam

Aug 7, 2013
Arizona bound for Jr. Javelin hunt, will post progress hopefully with pictures.

No javelina today, :( trying to figure out a new unit that the boys drew as a second choice. I'm going to blame it on the wind ??? We did run into a pair of mountain lion on our drive out ,never seen two mature cats together. They crossed the road about 30 yards in front my truck, I pulled over grabbed the camera and ran after them with my son. To our surprise they held up in the brush :eek: just off the road, I totally forgot about the camera when we ran into one of them at no more than 5 yards the cat ran down the hill and we backed out to the truck.

Damn---that's amazing! Almost worth the drive right there! Keep us posted Gil. Hope you get em'!

Some years in AZ on the Indian reservations you get a free lion tag with your Javelina tag.

Good luck guys!

We finally found javelina :) Saturday evening and 14 year old gteam member Timothy was able to put one down with a well placed shot from his .270 Win at 200 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_20131005_193220.jpg
    IMG_20131005_193220.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 12
Absolutely well done! Hats off to Timothy and the entire GTeam!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu