Guided Sea Duck Hunt

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
Have you been on a guided sea duck hunt? Where did you go? How did it go? I would like to go on a guided sea duck hunt eventually, and I thought I would see if anyone on the forum has been on one.

Erin,

Breck Dickerson is the guy to ask...Lives in El Centro area...Don't think he's on this forum...He's also a taxidermist.

ps...Pretty big bucks and you're probably going to have to travel to Alaska.

Reactions: jth and Hunter527
Erin,

Breck Dickerson is the guy to ask...Lives in El Centro area...Don't think he's on this forum...He's also a taxidermist.

ps...Pretty big bucks and you're probably going to have to travel to Alaska.
San Miguel Mountain in the background. Is that 24th street @ilovesprig ?

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to drop sail I'd probably try and get scoters off a friends boat but you can't be under power correct, including wind?

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to drop sail I'd probably try and get scoters off a friends boat but you can't be under power correct, including wind?
"It is unlawful to: Pursue, drive, herd, or take any bird or mammal from any type of motor-driven air or land vehicles, motorboat, airboat, sailboat, or snowmobile, except when the motor is off and/or the sails furled and it is drifting, beached, moored, resting at anchor, or is being propelled by paddle, oar or pole. CCR T14-251."

So...you could, just depends on how fast you can furl the sail.

sea goose yes.. mexico at SQ. they have eiders but no one shoots them. just get together 1500 bucks and you can go chase the brant there

Reactions: NBK
What ducks are you trying to target? If you just want to shoot scoters, it's all you want in the SF bay area. North Wind Outfitters or something like that does it a lot. Lots of goldeneye and other divers also.
I want to shoot scoters, I’ll have to decide if I want to go somewhere for a chance at harlequins and old squaw too or if I want to start with scoters only.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu