Gun makers push back

I don't disagree with anybody here for the most part. The problem is that everybody is just ignoring the fact that guns are a very powerful tool and should not be left in the hands of just anyone.

Just like everyone is saying, there are a lot of people being raised in a manner that does not foster responsibility, respect for others, accountability, etc, etc. This is actually a very good argument for gun control because these are exactly the kind of people you don't want running around armed. And they are the ones currently committing these tragedies.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but guns should only be available to those that can responsibly own them safely. 2nd amendment is not about every breathing person to have the right to wield such a powerful tool. 2nd amendment is about the ability for us as a society to have the means to stand up to tyranny even if it may come from our own government.

I don't need to quit this forum. We are hunters here and because of that we share a kindred spirit that others would not understand. BUT I refuse to participate in a huge "screw the leftist" circle jerk. I know that the hunting community is rooted the in conservative ideals; that's why I knew my opinion would not be popular from my first post. Still, I think my opinion needs to be said.

I would love to have this conversation with all of you around a camp fire and a beer in my hand.

-Cheers!

I'll respond tomorrow when I have more energy but you still do not get this . It's not gun regulation that will not change this behavior in society. The issue that need's to be addressed is that folks don't want to raise their children properly that this will continue

Reactions: TRICER
I'll respond tomorrow when I have more energy but you still do not get this . It's not gun regulation that will change this behavior in society. The issue that need's to be addressed is that folks don't want to raise their children properly that this will continue until society changes. I graduated from high school in 1976 and brought a fulling functioning shotgun into the wood and metal shop with the schools permission to work on the stock and action in order to make it perform better according to my requests and did so so without the sheriff and school showing any interest or concern. Our modern society that has been improperly raised is the problem. Too much acceptance of violence and no basic values installed in youth.

I don't disagree with anybody here for the most part. The problem is that everybody is just ignoring the fact that guns are a very powerful tool and should not be left in the hands of just anyone.

Just like everyone is saying, there are a lot of people being raised in a manner that does not foster responsibility, respect for others, accountability, etc, etc. This is actually a very good argument for gun control because these are exactly the kind of people you don't want running around armed. And they are the ones currently committing these tragedies.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but guns should only be available to those that can responsibly own them safely. 2nd amendment is not about every breathing person to have the right to wield such a powerful tool. 2nd amendment is about the ability for us as a society to have the means to stand up to tyranny even if it may come from our own government.

I don't need to quit this forum. We are hunters here and because of that we share a kindred spirit that others would not understand. BUT I refuse to participate in a huge "screw the leftist" circle jerk. I know that the hunting community is rooted the in conservative ideals; that's why I knew my opinion would not be popular from my first post. Still, I think my opinion needs to be said.

I would love to have this conversation with all of you around a camp fire and a beer in my hand.

-Cheers!
You actually write calmly with intelligence. CA is already OVER-regulated and I don't agree with all of the laws here but the problem is that the country as a whole doesn't have a system to watch the idiots. I'd never ban any guns but believe a background check and waiting period couldn't hurt anyone. I'm not a child. I don't need the to possess the gun I am purchasing that day. I can wait a few days. People who feed the paranoia and hype are themselves not stable. People over-compensate for their own delusions. I'm a gun owner and would never give up my rights but I don't love guns just as I don't love a hammer. They are all just tools we all have the right to own. Some people have too much free time and are just angry, paranoid people but we do need rational people to defend our rights as I will always do myself.

Reactions: Goyaałé
YTC, If I were you I would quit this forum because you will never win this debate. We all believe in a safer America but it begins at home and in society. Guns are inanimate objects and it's the f'd people who are not born and raised right that cause this chaos. All of the above have said to you things you in this forum you just do not get. I respect your opinion but it is not the answer in this modern environment.The left wants it all with no good science and "safe spaces for all" and if you give into them at any point they will not stop. The only thing we can do is stop them at the doorstep and try to get society to understand that they have bred this behavior and they need to raise and teach there children better. Modern society is responsible for this violence not guns. Guns have been around since the birth of this country and are a part of who we are. It's modern society and lack of proper family and child raising along with immigration issues that has caused this problem.

I Agree with Snake and Steve as well. I can have pistols, shot guns, rifles, ar15's, m4's, m16's, mac10's, M2 50 cals, rockets, missles, and nukes in my house and they would never be used on innocent people. NO one in my house or my family would use ANY of them to harm another innocent person so why take them away. (obviously this is a crazy example but still true.) Fix the problems with the family, but stop taking away my rights. My family has fought in just about every war in America to guarantee those freedoms. My family chose to come here, live here, and have kids here because of those guaranteed freedoms. taking away any of them is a breech of contract for every single person that has ever been a citizen or fought for those rights.

Gun control Does not work look at Europe, Asia and well the rest of the world. Some guy kills a bunch of people with a knife, sword or truck and the un-armed police come running in and ask him nicely to stop. it doesn't work, sometimes the police are killed also until some one finally authorizes the cops with guns to come in and fix the problem. then the bad guy either stops or gets killed. Now if ONE law abiding armed and trained citizen had a 38 this whole thing may not have happened. Even if the crazy guy in a truck new that some one near by MAY have gun he might think twice or at least get put down before he killed more people. Lets also remember that PEOPLE have been KILLING PEOPLE loooong before guns, looong before Knives and swoards, loong before Bows. PEOPLE kill PEOPLE, They always will. I just want a chance to defend myself.

One bottom line we all forget at times, and i was taught this from a very young age by my grandfather (US ARMY) and then told again by my staff Sergent WE ARE ALL DEAD ALREADY. The price of life is death. A cost of a free society is that someone may kill you. (but as mentioned above people in non free society's kill people to) But if your already dead then go out every day and live a life worth living.

Aww the waiting period If you already own a gun it doesn't help anything at all.

Reactions: Lungpopper
IMO the root problems have been articulated - family breakdown, lack of parenting, no sanctity of life being taught etc. I’ve heard that most of the school shooters in the last ten years have cited the Columbine guys as at least some of their inspiration. It is frightening that to some mass killing has become justified as a reaction to being bullied or rejected by a girl. Then there is the breakdown of the system like in Florida where the nut was literally waving red flags that everyone ignored, and the on-site security guy who hid and would not engage.

Normalization of mass killing, professional incompetence, and blatant cowardice....these are all character issues forming a perfect storm of disaster. And I just don’t see how more rules on the law abiding gun owners is going to do anything to help.

Reactions: YellowTail_Chum
I really don't think that any of the 2nd amendment has been sacrificed up to this point. You may have a different view of what it means than I do.

There it is again. It's not about completely stopping all gun related crimes, its about reducing it. There is always room for improvement. The problem is that there are a lot of people that don't want to budge an inch on their gun liberties.

Maybe because of how this discussion started you may be thinking that my argument is that gun control is the only answer. Don't be mistaken. I feel that gun control is just a small part of how to combat whats going on in our country regarding all these shootings. Its a really complex problem with no easy answer.

Wasn't there a shooting with an armed guard present? It didn't seem to make much of a difference. I don't think adding more guns is the answer here.

Like you said, the culture of upbringing may have a huge impact on all this. Specifically, I think our culture regarding mental health needs to change. Mental health still seems to be taboo for most of society. There needs to be more acceptance for getting routine mental heath checks. I mean, getting physicals from out doctor is pretty routine. I think the same kind of care should be taken with our mental health.
The problem with allowing liberals to introduce gun control legislation is that it'll never stop with only a few "common sense" laws as they say. You have to understand what liberals' end game is in modern progressive politics; to quote a recent liberal president, their aim is to "fundamentally transform America." While they cannot repeal the 2A outright today, they will take every measure to chip away at it slowly until they get closer to their dream of restricting gun access almost entirely. They know that, with each gun control victory on their side, and concurrently swaying the tide of popular sentiment against gun ownership among their urban/coastal elite base, they can one day tighten the noose on 2A freedoms if not totally repeal it someday in the future. Sadly, I think in my lifetime (I'm 33) we will eventually see that argument for a complete repeal and, man, if people think our country is polarized now, just imagine what will happen when that day comes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

http://ocregister.ca.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=5de630f77

This is one major reason I am skeptical about more gun control laws. The laws we already we have are not being enforced. The strategy by anti gun politicians seems to be: dont enforce the existing laws; law abiders will obey them anyway. Then push for new laws every time there is a mass killing. See how this works? Gun rights for the good guys are gradually taken away and the new laws do nothing to reduce crime, so there’s a built in repeat of the whole charade.

Reactions: Lungpopper
http://ocregister.ca.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=5de630f77

This is one major reason I am skeptical about more gun control laws. The laws we already we have are not being enforced. The strategy by anti gun politicians seems to be: dont enforce the existing laws; law abiders will obey them anyway. Then push for new laws every time there is a mass killing. See how this works? Gun rights for the good guys are gradually taken away and the new laws do nothing to reduce crime, so there’s a built in repeat of the whole charade.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner...totally agree. Enforce what’s already on the books. Hell even LEA’s say they don’t have the manpower to enforce current laws. No amount of legislation will stop these shootings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu