Gun Predicament

I have the boys carry the sendero when it must be carried...never a problem..and that thing kills alot of shit..not sure how heavy it is...but damn its heavy...but not to heavy for the truck.

That is why you get the carbon fiber version...same size but weights a LOT less.

The Leupold Mark 5hd 3.6-18 comes in around 25 oz. for another light weight (in its class) scope option. Its about 5oz heavier than the Razor LHT but an awesome scope. Has a 35mm tube instead of 30mm.

For sure, the Mark5hd is legit...but heavier than I want for this setup, i'm trying to put my rifle on a diet.

The weatherby backcountry gets most of the action as it is super light...she,ll be shooting a CA forky in the throat the morning of August 8th..standby!

The weatherby backcountry gets most of the action as it is super light...she,ll be shooting a CA forky in the throat the morning of August 8th..standby!

Nice! I hear great things about that rifle.

Its a sweet rigg for sure..we have 2 in 257wbymag and 1 in 270wbymag...only fing around i did to them was drop timneys in them..that and some vortex hs lr glass and kapoow..good night nurse!

Coming back to this thread, I ended up purchasing a Mesa Precision stock, dropped 14 oz of weight. I have not bed the action yet, torn about doing it myself or sending it somewhere.

60562E3A-7B96-4AEC-A498-FA80F3FAC504.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu