H.R. 5087

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, for all of us that shoot semi autos......The lib/dems are after us too.....H.R. 5087.....But don't worry, they're only after black scary guns.....Any wonder why the NRA doesn't want to give an inch!!!!!!

“(31) The term ‘semiautomatic shotgun’ means any repeating shotgun that—

“(A) utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and

“(B) requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.”; and

The whole bill.....https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...QKw8pGj_uQvrSP4ofSN3DmhNyyv-dP5u8H6MBCQJopnUo

It seems them my Ruger 10/22 would be an assault weapon? Am I reading this wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOPE appendix A has a big long list of exempted fire arms including ruger mini 30 and mini 14 and ruger 10-22. in the end its seams like its still just going after sks ak and ar type rifles. still stu[id and still wont stop or help anything.

It's the rest of this stupid bill, B2 "by adding the end of the following", and #36 and after, which doesn't really include us hunters. Still stupid though.

“(31) The term ‘semiautomatic shotgun’ means any repeating shotgun that—

“(A) utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round; and

“(B) requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.”; and

(2) by adding at the end the following:

“(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

“(i) A pistol grip.

“(ii) A forward grip.

“(iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(iv) A grenade launcher or rocket launcher.

“(v) A barrel shroud.

“(vi) A threaded barrel.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu