Halibut

Irvine

Oct 28, 2011
Anyone fished for halibut lately? Going tomorrow and looking for a report.

We got one and farmed one at the boat. Broke me off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Way to put one in the cooler.

I have never done it but someone told me a long time ago that frozen pees in SD bay work great for halibut. Has anyone ever tried it? I have always just thrown a sardine like I was rock fishing. Also I don't know if that is legal similar to corn?

I've never heard of using peas for halibut, but we used to use them for opeleye, Catalina blue perch, buttermouth, etc. at the LB Breakwater.

yep,
went Sunday and had 5 legals and 6 shorts
biggest went 36 pounds, the rest were 10-15 pounders

lost one poster at color, spit the treble hook... well over 40 pounds. Fish are definitely in spawning mode...

CaptJgray said:
yep,
went Sunday and had 5 legals and 6 shorts
biggest went 36 pounds, the rest were 10-15 pounders

lost one poster at color, spit the treble hook... well over 40 pounds. Fish are definitely in spawning mode...

Holy crap!......Pix?

Went out again today for a few and my brother got one. Slow but one is better then none.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 32
Went out again last Friday and had 3 more. fished hard for those 3, definitely different after the wind last week. water was 2.5 degrees cooler. we went tight to the beach around noon to try to get some fish that may have been keying in on the grunion. saw 2 white sharks about 100 yards from the sand!!!

Attachments

• but 4.jpg
    but 4.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 29
  • but 1.jpg
    but 1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 26
  • but 2.jpg
    but 2.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 31
  • but 3.jpg
    but 3.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 27
Three more butts yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu