Handgun peepers

That's just recent...or before I got the yote bug. I have killed a mess of those little suckers, can't seem to slow down the population.

I got a Ruger 22/45 a while back as a 22 trainer for my 1911. The thing is pretty wicked accurate I like it. Want to try to get jacks or cottons on the run with it sometime. I was researching something about 2245 and came across some guys website where he had is one of those clamps for a bipod for accuracy testing and I have been wanting some kind of a bipod for my single six which is also pretty accurate and figured it was the perfect ticket.

When I first put a scope on that single six it put 10 out of 12 into 2 inches 100 yards and the other two brought it out to 3 inches. With the 22 mag with ammo it likes. Going to have to pop a coyote with it Someday. There used to be a guy down here named Carl Ott that I've heard stories used to sit up on top of a haystack and call the coyotes up to the bottom and pop them with a 22 pistol.

Handgun said:
There used to be a guy down here named Carl Ott that I've heard stories used to sit up on top of a haystack and call the coyotes up to the bottom and pop them with a 22 pistol.
I'd love to see a picture of THAT

Ghost said:
very well done. hey there coyote bait. hahahaha

Exactly. That's how I got started hunting coyotes, I would go shoot pest squirrels and my shooting spot and then started seeing and hearing coyotes. I remember the first one popped up 100yds away, probably heard me shooting and came looking for dinner, but I couldn't shoot him 'cuz there was a pickup truck 100yd behind him.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu