Harold and Kumar go to San J

With breathables, I wear regular old hunting pants and UA Cold Gear underneath...Neo's I wear sweat pants and UA or just UA...If I have to walk very far, like I mentioned, I wear hunting pants to site, then they go over the top.

N00b question, sorry... are waders meant to be worn over the top of hunting pants you've already got on? Or just by themselves acting AS your pants?
In hot weather, which is often the case in the valley, I only wear surf shorts under. In most conditions I wear hunting pants or jeans under.. if it's real cold (freezing conditions.. rare) I'll add a thermal baselayer too. Last weekend I wore pajama pants under since I didn't feel like changing.

you guys walk to your blind? you know you can take a boat and just hunt right?
Pssh... are you a "Park Shark" too?

You know... those lazy ass people at grocery stores or shopping malls that would rather idle around in their cars for 15+ fucking minutes following behind folks with keys in their hands, trying to see if they can score a "close" parking spot... rather than skip all that bullshit and just f*cking find a damn spot already and enjoy using the damn legs they were given to get the exercise ya know damn well they need by walking that little bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm yes... yes i am.

i have a dock. and i walk to it then into the boat. The boat goes to the hunting area where i drop off my old man. set the decoys and then i park the boat a ways away. i then motor back in my lil layout boat with my weed whacker motor. total walking is about 40' at max.

the dog gets all the birds because picking up your own ducks is just silly.

i have been known to walk a bit away to take a dump. that can add 200' to the total so max 240'

The internet and how it mates folks of knowledge and experience and silly quips with folks that have no knowledge is very entertaining. Makes me smile every night... All of you are help keeping the community alive keep doing what you do....

It's all about the mindset SC. All about the mindset. ;)
Like I said it keeps me smiling (and frowning) every night when I read this stuff. Things are different from when I learned and depended on learning from folks who we had to earn trust from to have the torch passed and they asked us to insure it was passed on properly. Keep your's going and we'll see if it works out... This country is changing and I'm not sure the right things are happening. Respect the heritage you engage and maybe it has a chance of staying the course otherwise I say no and it will change in ways that deny you what you have right now. Respect and unity are the key to this lifestyle enduring not mindset in my opinion .

I ordered a Primos single reed mallard call today to try out, and a lanyard, I only had the 6 in 1 last time so i didnt get a lanyard but man what a pain in the butt fishing around in pockets for it. See if I can get some sounds out of it, even if not many mallards around I might as well try to match my decoys. I have gotten pretty good on the mallard drake call, at least to a beginners ear.

I ordered that Haydel's DR 85 Mallard Call on Sprig's advice and threw in their H-81 Goose Call and then some cheap paracord lanyard. Looks like it's not hard to do that DR 85. And that like there's basically 3 types of sounds ya gotta learn how to do on it. And they didn't look hard to do at all and on the vids the guy even explains like the "word" you're "saying" while blowing into the calls, etc.

G',

You don't blow into a duck call...You basically huff into a call from your chest...Similar on what you would do to put fog on glass or a mirror...The video probably explains this.

Go to a city park with pond...Lots of calling right now...Mimic them

When's your hunt day again?

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
YEah the guy I watched was showing the "Hut, Hut Hut" and how to tongue the notes for that more chattery sound they do when feeding etc.

It's 25th. But right now don't think I'll have recuperated enough in time. Whatever this infection is, it has my lungs in a total death-grip right now. There's only like 1 more day of Prednisone left. So if that was gonna be the solution it would have already shown improvement by now. So gonna call Dr ofc this AM and make appt to come in so I can show 'em the wheezing and sputum. And then the "b" can give me a script for like a Z-Pac or some Erythro so I can be done with this shizzle.

Duck calling will make a good breathing treatment, lol. After you are done coughing and you just trying to take a breath without triggering the cough grab your call.

Going to find a game cart to get this gear in incase you have to throw in the towel, I am bringing all the decoys this time, two laundry bags full, and try to find another 6-12 so I can get a landing pad and landing strip laid out. Going to have motion this time. I was looking at just one of those folding wagon carts but I don't think the wheels are big enough and probably will just irritate me.

If you have a stick welder I bet you could Fab one up real quick out of like maybe 1/4" square-tubing. Not like it'd have to carry a lot of weight actually. Maybe use Sterilite Containers that drop into placeholders on the cart?

Come to think of it, Heck you could make that out of wood. And that would probably be better. I've got a buncha left-over plastic wheels from when we did the PushCart Derby during Cub Scouts. Ya wouldn't want to use something too nice for that build cause it'd no doubt eventually get muddy and all oxidized before long.

Hrmm, I guess it depends on how quite ya want to be walking in there in the AM. Come to think of it, some pneumatic rubber tires would be better noise-wise.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu