HashTag #RollYourOwn

It's a bottomless pit. If you are a "looking for the best group" kind of a guy, your in deep trouble. More, much more money will be spent soon! ;)

I don't have the eyesight, nor the pulse control, to support "the best group". But I do aight on my own ;)

Soo puurrrdy!
Lil Baby Puuurrdy's

I can't wait to put a serious WHOMP! on something with these Barnes 225 Gr XPB's These are one Helluva impressive chunk of of projectile!

Ha!! Great pic!!! Bad day for him..LOL.. my earlier quote was from a christmas story...everybody has seen christmas story?

Reactions: NBK and TRICER
I don't yet have a powder charge thrower. In the meantime, I can just carefully measure out the weight of each charge on the scale, right? I've got all the scoopers/dippers of all the varying volume sizes in this one kit for LEE. That should work fine, right? Just go slow. Don't compress the powders, don't go over the charge weight desired. That sorta thing, right?

I don't yet have a powder charge thrower. In the meantime, I can just carefully measure out the weight of each charge on the scale, right? I've got all the scoopers/dippers of all the varying volume sizes in this one kit for LEE. That should work fine, right? Just go slow. Don't compress the powders, don't go over the charge weight desired. That sorta thing, right?
Just close your eyes the first time you pull the trigger and you should be safe.
But basically if you can measure out your powder and stay in the range shown you will be fine. In my experience the “hot” load really is never the most accurate. Every gun is different and the mid range seems to be a sweet spot for a lot of our loads.

Reactions: Bronkorob
Just close your eyes the first time you pull the trigger and you should be safe.

Hehe... recently when I took off the standard Flash-Hider.. you know.. since it makes me an evil criminal and all... and put on a "Muzzle Brake" instead... it took a lot of force to break the standard flash-hider loose because they apparently Blue-Loctite'd it in place. Soo... just to be sure... last time I went into the forrest... after I got back to the truck, I pulled out the AR... and purposefully held it over on the other side of the rifle case as a shield... winced... then pulled the trigger!

Thankfully everything was fine. But with all that force I exerted on the darn thing, in my mind I was wondering if I'd potentially warped the barrel or some other such business. I was relieved when nothing blew up. Then I took out a spotlight and lit up a nearby can, since I wanted to take an aimed shot as well to confirm accuracy had not gotten jacked up. I was on 3x and the can was maybe 25yds. Was just freehanding it. The can didn't move so at first thought maybe accuracy had gone off. But was pleasantly surprised when I went to go check on the can :)

Anyhoo.... you talking about closing the eyes reminded me of that night, hehe.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu