Hawaii hunt help

Heck yeah it's fun but it's been years. Definitely an experience if you can go.
Unfortunately this Preparation H variant of covid is worrying us. I know HI is one of the most lockdown friendly states so I really hope we can make it happen! I am not going on a week long trip just to be quarantined for half or more of it.

Unfortunately this Preparation H variant of covid is worrying us. I know HI is one of the most lockdown friendly states so I really hope we can make it happen! I am not going on a week long trip just to be quarantined for half or more of it.
Not sure which way you mean, but I would call HI very risk averse. We were there in May and the process was ridiculous. We had to take rapid tests 3 days prior at $100 a pop then upload the results into a state website and show the QR code at boarding, which was a logistical nightmare. Then had to take another test upon arrival in Hilo. We thought of skipping it all and face the "quarantine" which didn't seem bad since we were staying at my buddy's house but his wife is a nurse and said the county does send out their gestapo to check on the quarantined few. So yeah, lots of red tape.

Not sure which way you mean, but I would call HI very risk averse. We were there in May and the process was ridiculous. We had to take rapid tests 3 days prior at $100 a pop then upload the results into a state website and show the QR code at boarding, which was a logistical nightmare. Then had to take another test upon arrival in Hilo. We thought of skipping it all and face the "quarantine" which didn't seem bad since we were staying at my buddy's house but his wife is a nurse and said the county does send out their gestapo to check on the quarantined few. So yeah, lots of red tape.
Yeah, that's what I meant (just worded it poorly).... they are very restrictive. Have you tried anything DIY out there?

Putting everything on hold right now with the looming threat of Rona causing shutdowns again, unfortunately.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu