Heading down for the "East Cape Dorado Shoot Out"

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Skinny Hunter and I are flying out in the morning to fish the East Cape Dorado Shoot Out Tournament on Saturday. We will be staying with my Father in Law (DT Bushpilot). With the Hurricane landing about the same time it should be a pretty interesting time. Not expecting great fishing but it will be a good time none the less.

Will report as the trip progresses...

Re: Heading down for the "East Cape Dorado Shoot Out"

Good luck john hope you get em good keep us posted how you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go get 'em brother!

e8f37989730d6fd794e78c87e2a3e0b4.jpg

Bag those dodos!

Not a lot of dorado being caught so any fish might be a good one. The largest wahoo or tuna is in the running for a separate category. We just finished prepping jigs, rigging up ballyhoo and organizing for the morning tournament.

At worst case it will be a fun day of fishing.

Very tough fishing. The hurricane produced green water so the fishing was not what it could have been. A 12.9 pound dodo won the tournament. The grand prize for folks who were all in won a 2015 4wd 4 door Toyota Tacoma and $71,000. The biggest wahoo (34#) won the 2015 149 hp Suzuki four stroke (worth $17,000)

We ended up with 2 marlin and a sailfish. Obviously not the right flavor but still a lot of fun. The boat was perfect and everything was ready and in order. We will try again next year.

Skinny Hunter holding up our team # as we checked in prior to the shotgun start.

Tomorrow we will see if the rooster fish will cooperate. Having fun and eating good...

Attachments

• 20150718_052051.jpg
    20150718_052051.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20150718_054347.jpg
    20150718_054347.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14

Sounds fun. Great pics.

Another good day on the water with DT Bushpilot and Skinny Hunter. We caught 2 Bubba's (rooster fish) and one nice jack crevalle. One of the rosters weighed over 50#'s. I managed to lose a bigger one at the boat. Check out Barry, he can barely hole that big ole bubba!

Awesome morning on the water. The Blackman ran great and the water was epic as usual!

Attachments

• Mex5.jpg
    Mex5.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • Mex4.jpg
    Mex4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
A few more pics

Attachments

• Mex2.jpg
    Mex2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • Mex3.jpg
    Mex3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
and a few more...

Attachments

• Mex8.jpg
    Mex8.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Mex1.jpg
    Mex1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14

Looks like great fun!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu