Heading out in the morning to do some glassing -

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Looking forward to picking apart a few hillsides tomorrow. You never know what may pop up.
zzzzReady2.jpg

Enjoy! Post some pics.
whats the caliber on that 85 finnlight?

It was an amazing day. We saw about 10 deer, 2 of which were bucks. One old whiteface heavy fork but narrow and one wider fork. We could have shot the white-faced buck but we left him with his 4 does. As far as deer hunting goes, it was about as fun as it gets.

The rifle is a standard Sako 85 in .260 Rem. I had a Finnlight for a while but prefer the longer barrel of the standard 85. None-the-less it is a laser beam.

No pictures Steve. I certainly thought about it. I need to get one of those fancy digi-scope adapters for my phone. Carrying a camera that is capable of photos at the distances we were glassing is not an option. It was a darn long hike into the area. Another note to self - A lighter tripod and spotting scope are on my needs list.

I did take a picture of my pack on the ground though.

Last edited:
I love my scope phone adapter with my vortex. Glad the camera to scope adapter is too expensive or else I would be carrying that added weight too. Lighter tripod is an option but usually spotting scope doesn't get any lighter unless you go for big 5 plastic armored scopes. I guess you could go to a more compact scope with less mag.

Im thinking of an a7 chambered in .243 for my teenager. Any thoughts?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I love my scope phone adapter with my vortex. Glad the camera to scope adapter is too expensive or else I would be carrying that added weight too. Lighter tripod is an option but usually spotting scope doesn't get any lighter unless you go for big 5 plastic armored scopes. I guess you could go to a more compact scope with less mag.

Im thinking of an a7 chambered in .243 for my teenager. Any thoughts?
http://www.sporting-rifle.com/reviews/sako-a7-review/
here is a nice review

Nice John. Congrats on getting out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Mt. seems better a little later

Good luck next time! Make Way carry the heavy stuff.......he's young

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu