Heading out to the sea

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Heading out to Salton Sea tomorrow to go after some Coyote with @AndrewSD. He messaged me that he would like to try it out a few months ago but finally getting a day off tomorrow to head to the field. It was a cool 117 degrees out there today so we are getting an early start hoping to be in our first set around 5:30 - 6am. I know a few shady spots out there to keep us kool till around 10 but after that the sun will be high and going to be a scorcher.

Going to take the bow this time so I got the shots within 50 yards and he will be taking the longer ones with the rifle.

I’ll post up as we go, hopefully we can get some dogs on the board. 6 hours till go time.

You guys are hardcore! You should get some red lights and night hunt might increase your chances when it’s this hot.

or come to eat their young... mindless machines sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: TRICER
Final set before calling it a day.

9BA78A71-DEB8-441A-8C31-A7AB0BFE6D21.jpeg

was good hunting with you @AndrewSD. Look forward to many more, we will getem next time.

To the nay sayers that say SCH’ers just collect gear and don’t actually hunt and you can’t find a hunting partner on this site. I call BS. Andrew and I never met until 5am this morning before this hunt, just PM’s through this site. Many more to come.

8ABCE3C2-8FBE-4F9B-91EA-B30D40E7C1D5.jpeg

O, and Larry if your reading this, Look what I found on Hole #1 on the Coyote course. Right where you left it under the bush last December. At first I thought someone had been hunting the course, then it hit me almost instantly who’s it was.

0F609695-688F-4874-8E31-9E54A533E0BE.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu