Hello from Montana 2018

Great pics Steve.

Open carry of all kinds is common here as well.

In regards to the duck opener, wasnt the pic of that guy already hunting ducks? Different zone?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great pictures! It looks like there is an amazing quantity of game. Quality ain’t bed either o_O

Great pics Steve.

Open carry of all kinds is common here as well.

In regards to the duck opener, wasnt the pic of that guy already hunting ducks? Different zone?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nick,

It was a junior hunter yesterday on the refuge.....He was one of 2 kids on the whole place.....The youth week-end is the week before Pacific Flyway general season.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Well, I'm driving back to my cousins when I spot some kids with bows coming down a mountain side near Int. 15....So I pull the exit and wait to see what they've got....Great local kids and one of them (Lee) had just shot his 1st deer with a bow.....The other one (Kaden) and shot a small buck just an hour before.....Refreshing to talk to fine young men (and young lady) that are totally into hunting & fishing.

Beau's encounter with a buck this morning.

Few pix from today.

ps....The ice cream was great.....lol

.004.JPG006.JPG017.JPG011.JPG013.JPG010.JPG

Great pics Steve and awesome to hear about the young hunters. Got a couple guys talked into attending the next hunters safety on base. Just trying do do my part as you do a lot for our community and it is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Montana duck & goose opener today.....Woke up to cold (38), wet, and windy conditions....Whoever said this is ideal duck hunting weather isn't a duck hunter.....lol.....Started off pretty slow, then a low flying flock of honkers flew over.....Despite just having 3" 1 1/8 3's in the SBE, I managed to drop one....It was then 4 gadwalls in a row, a pintail, a blue-winger, and finished with another gaddy.

Fun morning except for the fact that Trigger cut his foot.....AGAIN!.....This time though, it wasn't at Wister.....Antibiotics and he should be good in a couple of days.

Beau also got his 1st duck retrieve with Cousin Ron.....Good boy.

.002.JPG004.JPG008.JPG

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Steve , You might consider some topical products for Trigger that will improve paw pad durability as well as boots. My wife tracy used to use bicycle tire inner tubes taped to their shaved legs and held in place with duct tape. give me a call and I'll fill you in.

Thanks Fred.....I tried boots on Trigger at a young age and he hated them.....His problem has always been the same.....He's a jumper.....When he runs in mud water, tulies, or thick brush, he bounds over everything.....One time near the sea, he completely stuck a salt bush stick threw his foot.....Bad trait, but it is what it is.

It's gone down considerably today.

Trig,
Awesome photos. Looks like a hunters dream out there. Montana’s definitely on my bucket list. Love the pic of that stud 4x! Almost as nice as the Utah buck I saw earlier this year

8612FAD0-C6A5-45AC-A583-82F3FCF17D84.jpeg

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu