Hello from San Luis Obispo

jawshbawx

Jul 19, 2015
Hey there, wanted to join the discussion. Im 28 years old, I'm a new hunter here and hoping to meet people interested in hunting in this area. Very experienced with firearms and familiar with hunting in a theoretical sense. Looking to get into the thick of it with other responsible and ethical people, who can still enjoy themselves and enjoy taking a first time, high aptitude, hunter out into the field. Good to meet you all.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

You are in a good place geographically to start hunting. It is a game rich enviroment up that way. I love the central coast. Being a local do what you can to network with anyone around town. You should be able to sing some private access through friend of a friend type scenarios.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jaws,

Welcome to SCH........Saw my 1st turkeys around Lake Niciemiento (1959).......Any water left in that once great lake?

nicapopolis said:
You are in a good place geographically to start hunting. It is a game rich enviroment up that way. I love the central coast. Being a local do what you can to network with anyone around town. You should be able to sing some private access through friend of a friend type scenarios.

Good luck!

Thank you! It is a gorgeous area and I've seen a great deal of wildlife. I am definitely hoping to network. That's one thing I'm hoping to learn how to do. I've been here for a few years but am not sure how to go about networking here when it comes to that. Hunting is something I've always wanted to do and now I have the means. Just need to do some research I suppose.

jawshbawx said:
nicapopolis said:

Good luck!

Thank you! It is a gorgeous area and I've seen a great deal of wildlife. I am definitely hoping to network. That's one thing I'm hoping to learn how to do. I've been here for a few years but am not sure how to go about networking here when it comes to that. Hunting is something I've always wanted to do and now I have the means. Just need to do some research I suppose.

Local ranchers and ranch hands will have a bar they like. I'd start there.

ilovesprig said:
Jaws,

Welcome to SCH........Saw my 1st turkeys around Lake Niciemiento (1959).......Any water left in that once great lake?
Thank you as well. I do see Turkey out here often. The lake is definitely low, but it's still holding water and is still sustaining somewhat of a fish population. Hoping our recent system as all as others that are rumored will give us more of that precious water.

nicapopolis said:
jawshbawx said:
nicapopolis said:

Good luck!

Local ranchers and ranch hands will have a bar they like. I'd start there.

That does sound like a viable resource! I'll have to make a trip to the local watering hole .

Hey welcome. Im From North LA county but i work up your way a few days a week. Ill actually be in santa maria tomorrow. You are in a great place.for sure. great pig area the deer are really nice and the upland game is great as well. it is very true most of it is private but it does hold alot of public land if you can find it. Like i said im in the area alot let me know if i can help you in a ny way. ive got a lot of hunting and out door experience i love to share.

GSPman said:
Hey welcome. Im From North LA county but i work up your way a few days a week. Ill actually be in santa maria tomorrow. You are in a great place.for sure. great pig area the deer are really nice and the upland game is great as well. it is very true most of it is private but it does hold alot of public land if you can find it. Like i said im in the area alot let me know if i can help you in a ny way. ive got a lot of hunting and out door experience i love to share.

Thank you sir, I might just take you up on that! It is a great area for hogs, I know a guy who has gotten a couple in the past on his own little property. I'll have to keep your contact and see when you're up here. Thank you again!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu