Help get the information out. Fish and Game Commission "San Diego"

We don't buy tags for turkey's(and I don't shoot over limit and I could) I don't see my self ever buying a tag. Less pictures to follow lol

Well that was a long day for sure I stayed until the end to speak during public comment. It was a good meeting in the terms of not as many Anti's in the room. I have been to meeting and watched meeting that have 3 to 5 hours of anti's talking on one agenda item. So we only have something like 20 or so to talk on the 10th agenda.

I first want to say thank you to those who showed up. We had about 15 members from some of the LA predator clubs and a hand full from ours. I appreciate the three members of this group which I meet yesterday. I can't tell you enough how important it is to show up to these meetings and to be involved in the process. Yes it does seem to be very one sided sometimes in the room.

Well Baylis (Commissioner Not VP of Commission) is by all means on a agenda. I would say that is seemed to me his comment came directly from Camilla Fox of Project Coyote. He decided to add another item to the agenda which would be looking into tags or bag limits. Now I can tell you that this will be quite a task and it is important to continue to be pat of the process and demand that they show the Science that backs up the need for tags or limits. I along with other has written many letters asking for the Commission to ask DFW for a literary study on coyotes and the population before anything is done. That is something that the DFW doesn't want to have to do because they don't see the coyotes being a issue. But if the commission asks them they will proceed to do something.

I can tell you that 3 Commissioners were pretty out spoken about them showing the HSUS lead power-point and they felt if was totally bias and didn't appreciate it at all. Rogers even said before the video started that the other side of the lead issue needed to have the same input. Remember the lead ban is law now and it will be put into completion in 2019.

If you didn't see it the anti's held up a large picture of a pile of coyotes. This is a really bad picture of us hunters. This doesn't represent us but if you weren't a hunter I can tell you that they wouldn't appreciate it. Brutal picture speak a thousands work. If you are going to take picture and share them all I ask it make them respectful of the game you are hunting. Remember everybody watches these commission meetings online and they call streamed nation wide.

I know some people will say "forget the people that don't like this" but those people aren't helping the cause.

When that hunter got up and said he was a professional hunter and that he had killed 5000 plus coyotes. I just hung my head things "Dude don't you understand what you are saying."

I went outside later on during the day and three people (NRA, CRPA and a attorney friend) came up to me wanting to know who that was and if I was connected with him. I just told him he came on his own and isn't connect to a club. He did nothing good for us. He sat in his seat taunting the anti's with a Coyote skull. I'm not kidding he literally sat there with a coyote head taunting them. That is totally inappropriate. I along with many other have personally worked hard on this issue for more than a year and to see some Elmer Fudd come in a do damage is just ridiculous. If you want to come into the State commission meeting and say something stupid please let me know ahead of time. I would enjoy educating you on the facts and on how these meetings are run. There is nothing appropriate about taunting the other side. They are allowed to have their input and so are we. Yes it feels like we don't get to voice our opinion all of the time but that has nothing to do with the Anti's and everything to do with the Commission. I will always show respect to other with a different opinion. Remember they aren't the ones we need to change. We won't change the anti's view. But it this went to a state vote we would have to change the 98% of this state that doesn't hunt. Those are the voices that will vote and our ignorance will bury us.

I truly believe that if everyone on this forum is so interested in hunting you will be more involved in the process. I sat in a room the other night when they were doing a talk about Lead in California and there was 30 people. 30 people, I was shocked to see how atrophied we hunters really are. I know we are all busy and I know we have families and everything else to do in this world. But I am telling you that it is important to be involved. Just coming on this forum and getting great advice isn't going to be enough. As Commissioner Rogers put it very well, " We are just one legislation away from getting hunting shut down. All it take is money and the anti's have it. So his advice is be wise how we are be portrayed as hunters.

So I will stop my post with this. Please go to the link and watch the video. If you want to go to the hot item about coyote contest then follow it stating at 3.00 hours. The agenda item is 10.

I also recommend watching the end of the meeting about the Lead and listening to the commissioners comments. http://cal-span.org/cgi-bin/archive.php?player=silverlight&owner=CFG&date=2014-08-06

Thank you for the report. I left at about 1:30..........I know the one pro coyote hunting speaker probably meant well for our side, but I too cringed when he started rattling off numbers. And the fact, that he sounded like some uneducated hick didn't help either.......He did our side no good........... ::)

Thanks for all of the information. I wasn't able to make it this time (had prior commitments), but will do my best to be there the next time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu