Henry Lever action

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
Got my first lever gun. Henry .357 and I’m considering an optic. Maybe red dot or 1-6 power scope. I plan on hunting with this around southern CA and even bring it out to hunt Missouri in thicker timber and ag field edges.

Would y’all recommend going with an optic or just sticking with iron sights? I don’t plan on stretching this passed 100 yards or so but I’d like to hear from everyone.

Attachments

• 756B2708-9B2C-476A-BDB6-8F7B8527F8F0.jpeg
    756B2708-9B2C-476A-BDB6-8F7B8527F8F0.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 27
What would you hunt with a 357?

Good question, Matty....Hence, still in the box.............. :joy:
Jus sayin...id keep that thing iron sights ..that's a revolver cartridge..maybe rabbits ? I don't know..just thinking outside the box here..nice looking rig though..I've seen some SASS guys shoot them things pretty good!! Like Chuck Connors good!!!! (Rifleman for the youngsters) LOL..

Hit um in throat dude ..you might have a chance of finding him.

Reactions: sportyg
Yup...make it count.. definitely not a 100yd cartridge...aim high.

With a .357 I'd have to feel pretty confident about the shot.. our local bucks you don't always have that chance at least on public land.

I think it’ll bridge the gap between the bow and long range. Should be a fun season if the tags I want come my way

I shot a coyote one time with steel dove loads once, pm me when you get back we can swap stories

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu