Henshaw gear list

It is a different place for sure.
It has changed a lot in the last 6 or 7 years.

The lake actually looks pretty good...Just no ducks to speak of (checked again today)...I think it was about 4 years ago, that I didn't hunt Henshaw one time...The last couple of years, there's been a minimal amount of widgeon...And as you know, our most targeted species...Willows are no bueno for them.

Almost the same spot...10 years later...Can't even get close to Monkey Island

.henshaw 12-26-10 014.JPG047.JPG

I have been working with the U.S fish and wildlife service for several years now to help them with invasive species and have gained funding to eliimnate invasive plants and species on my property. Maybe MCC should start talking to the USFWS and gain support and funding to eliminate the willow invasion. Having got to know the folks USFWS they are aware of the Henshaw problem but are getting not much responnse from those that control it. Just sayin... Also if members want to make things better as I have done on my property get out there with a chain saw and cut them down..

I have been working with the U.S fish and wildlife service for several years now to help them with invasive species and have gained funding to eliimnate invasive plants and species on my property. Maybe MCC should start talking to the USFWS and gain support and funding to eliminate the willow invasion. Having got to know the folks USFWS they are aware of the Henshaw problem but are getting not much responnse from those that control it. Just sayin... Also if members want to make things better as I have done on my property get out there with a chain saw and cut them down..

Thanks Fred...We cut down over a 100 trees a few months ago.......... ;)

.IMG_2750.JPGIMG_2749.JPG

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Since henshaw opens in December will insulted waders be a necessity? Or can I get away with long Johns and thick socks under my waders?

Since Henshaw opens in December will insulted waders be a necessity? Or can I get away with long Johns and thick socks under my waders?

Evan,

That lake bottom can get really cold...That said, I almost never wear anything but breathable waders...I simple layer underneath with Under Armour and pants...Your feet can get cold...I wear liner sock & wool socks.

.017.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu