Here's one for ya

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
True story and most people will never know it.

Here's an interesting side bar.

After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941,
They could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California.
To finish what they started.
The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River .

So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question.
Their answer...
They know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them..

The world's largest army... America's hunters!
I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran ..

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower. Hunting. It's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

This may be the best post I have read on this forum.

Hat's off to you Jeff...

The Japanese command also said during those interviews that they didnt think we would fight after having our pacific fleet decimated and that we would turn tail and let them go about their business over taking and controlling asia pacific, A big mistake on their part in judging the american character!

our fighting forces have been strong because of our tradition of hunting. Without those backwoods sharpshooters that were use to shooting at squirrels and rabbits for dinner, we may still be under the British rule. You take someone that can shoot a squirrel at 75yds with a blackpowder rifle and give him a 160# target wearing red ....that's a walk in the park.

Thanks JR, makes me feel good to call myself a hunter knowing that we have America's back, and even though I've never put in for a rifle tag I am well equipped!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu