Hey Everyone

spot dropper

Oct 7, 2012
I have just been getting into predator hunting the past couple years now and have only had luck on a bobcat my first stand ever. Since then I have only called in 1 yote and the sun hit my scope right when I was about to pull the trigger. I recently got a D16 tag but have never been deer hunting before. Needless to say I need some experience and direction. I'm having a tough time finding good spots for dog hunting. Any info or tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the site spot dropper. Question for you. How often do you go calling? Are you calling in open areas or brushy areas? Do you use mouth blown calls or e caller?

I go out usually like 3 or 4 times a year but I am going to go out a ton more this year because I graduated and now have a work schedule. I have mouth called a few times and only call in dogs when I am parked on a highway messing around or in my yard at home where it is illegal to shoot them. I made an e caller out of a power horn and an mp3 player and that is what called in my only chance so far but i got blinded. I have been in really thick brush and have not found open spaces to try

You are probably calling in more dogs than you think(when hunting). If your calling in heavy brush they are getting down wind on you, picking up your scent and leaving. Need to find some areas that are a little more open.

Welcome to the site my friend and don't forget to tell your hunting buddies about the website... invite them all ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu