Hi Performance shocks and struts

Baldkrash

Aug 4, 2013
Hey all, any recommendations for shocks and struts for my Toyota Tundra? I go off road about once a week and I have worn out the originals. I would like to upgrade and I'm looking for advice.

Hey buddy. I build off road trucks for a living. Do you go fast off road/ down dirt roads or do you ride slow over big bumps and rocks? We use 3 different shocks either sway away or fox reservoir shocks for go fast For slow motion 4x4 Rock trail stuff we use ranch0 9000 adjustabls. Or for a great budget shock get a set of procp procomp 9000 nitrogen shocks.

what about Bilstein?
http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/bilstein/part-type/shocks-and-struts/make/ford/model/ranger/submodel/xlt/drivetrain/4wd/ride-height-application/raised?N=400558%2B4294925615%2B4294951343%2B4294940011%2B4294944206%2B4294948686%2B4294898724&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

I mostly go slow rolling over rocks. I was looking at the bill stein too.

I will let you all know what I end up with.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I've been in the off road business for 20 years the bilsteins are nice but very pricy and usually for more go fast stuff as they have speed sensitive valving. If you think you may ever over heat your shocks from going fast over dirt roads such as wash board they would be a good investment. Other then what's already said most shocks and I mean the vast majority are all the exact same.

Baldkrash said:
I mostly go slow rolling over rocks. I was looking at the bill stein too.

I will let you all know what I end up with.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Is it Bill Stein or Bilstein?................. :D

.https://youtu.be/nxxSIX3fmmo

Good to know GSP don't really think about overheating shocks but it makes sense.......I hate washboard roads will be hitting one after lunch today. I try to go as fast as I can so everything stops vibrating off my dashboard

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu