High End Ice Chest

I have a 65 quart Yeti...........Left for Canada on a Sunday morning........Still had ice the following Friday.........80 degree weather.

Used the Engels this past season for pig. Nothing short of amazing...

Love my yeti! My engel is awesome too and I've got an engel dealer as a good buddy so that's always nice! In temecula area if anyone needs one let me know and I'll get prices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SurfNHuntSD said:
I think its time for a new cooler for me this winter. John: is there a local place in SDC to get an Engel?

Fine Firearms in La Mesa -

********image edited by the janitor**********

Attachments

• cooler1a.jpg
    cooler1a.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
Love my Yeti.......only drawback to these type of coolers is weight and size.....my 85 is heavy when full and is the size of a 125qt.

I see Pelican has jumped on the cooler wagon now too. I use a Coleman extreme...works for me.

I have an Engel 65 I bought at FF and love it. Locks up for shipping, very rugged. Going over today to get the 123 to take on my CO elk hunt Thursday... Hoping to need the extra capacity :)

I have a 75qt yeti and its was definitely worth the price. If you want maximum ice retention you do have to follow the rules though. Pre chill the cooler before use and take up as much airspace as possible. The high end coolers have a lot more insulation and take more energy to cool down than a lower end cooler does but if you follow the rules they really do work as advertised.

Just don't open them up all the time.

When I ship it I shrink rap it so I don't loose the plug

I have a 150 qt grizzly and love it!!
It held 12 blocks of ice in the utah heat for 9 days,
Then I threw out 8 blocks to make room for the entire elk (boned out and vacuumed sealed sleeves) and 4 blocks of ice for the drive home.
High end coolers rock!!

My two Engels (see above) worked great coming back from the Rockies. Held 200lbs of boned elk with some room to spare for ice.

I love my Yeti but I only have the Roadie 20.

Went into a heating cooling place up in Idyllwild and found they were selling all sizes of Yeti's for $50-100 off MSRP. Any discount helps with these high end coolers.

ilovesprig said:
I have a 65 quart Yeti...........Left for Canada on a Sunday morning........Still had ice the following Friday.........80 degree weather.

fast eddie should have handed that thing to me! ;D :eek:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu