Hodges closing

Fishnplay57

Apr 14, 2021
San Diego
I just heard it from a buddy of mine. There going to do work on the dam. Going to be closed. Not sure for how long.. That may not sit will with the bird lover's There

Yep....And will draw the lake down to about Hernando's Hideaway....My understanding is, it will be open for tubers, yaker's, and shore fishing.

ps...In the history of San Diego (To my knowledge), there's never been a dam breech...Now, it seems every dam is about to break on the next earthquake

Reactions: Fishnplay57
When they fail I'll be there to rescue everyone in the boat, 500$ per person

It's sad to say they new of this problem along time ago. The article was written 7 yes ago...... they should have never let them build the transfer station.... it's to blame for the problem that now exists.. if not made it worst..... if was to breach and break. The lost of life down stream would be terrible.....

Yesterday will probably be the last time I'll get to put my boat on the lake in my life time.... they already dropped the lake 2' and rate of about 1-2' a day.. 30' in the next 4-6 weeks.

Yep...Went to the lake myself yesterday...Unbelievable how fast they can drop the water... :(

How about this....If they close Hodges and then open Olivenhain Reservoir?... :idea:

Reactions: Fishnplay57
I was there fishing too and was sadden by what I saw in the back of the lake. Nesting birds almost on mudd. Soon will be alot predators there.

Yep....And will draw the lake down to about Hernando's Hideaway....My understanding is, it will be open for tubers, yaker's, and shore fishing.

ps...In the history of San Diego (To my knowledge), there's never been a dam breech...Now, it seems every dam is about to break on the next earthquake

i believed Otay went out back in the days

The city doesn’t believe this, El Cap , Sutherland, Morena, Wohlford, Sweetwater, probably Otay and the Rumor is SV is leaking, none of these has been allowed to fill at least 1/2 full. MO

San V was way more than 1/2 full just last year...It's now getting close to the size before the 100' they added to the dam.

.san v with jim 5.JPG

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
It's official Lake Hodges closing in about 2 weeks. It was on the news last night. Going to lower Lake 18' plus. They say it will take about 5 month to repair. I guess will wait and see.. And there will be no access to Lake for fishing or any water activity.... during construction. Trails will still me open...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu