Hogs down

Hallx7

Jul 31, 2013
Corona
Went out with Nessen Schmidt this last weekend.
It was me and two buddies. Told Nessen we wouldn't be upset if we tagged out Friday night and boy did he and Luke deliver. Within 25 minutes we all tagged out and had some amazing hogs. Threw them in the walk in over night, picked them up at 6AM Saturday morning and headed to Big Bear to get our butchering done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 43
Very cool guys! I'm guessing it was private / paid?

25 minutes.......he's loosing his touch......

Tell us about the hunt......

Our levers are 45-70 shooting a Barnes 250 grain bullet over 4064.
Luke handled my big one. From what I hear he was slow that night. It took him 2 minutes to skin her out.
Jr and Sr did the other two hogs. They're a bit slower than Luke.
It's private land for hunting. Nessen holds a handful of leases up in the King City area.
Great hunt and a great outfit he has going. Looking to head back up there in a few months.
These hogs were fat. First time I've pulled some serious bacon off a hog. They had a 1-2 inch fat layer all around. Definitely the best wild boar I've ever eaten.

Nice hog there. How much was the hunt? Tried to look up info but didn't find any. Is there a website or just info from word of mouth?

chava714 said:
Nice hog there. How much was the hunt? Tried to look up info but didn't find any. Is there a website or just info from word of mouth?

I know he has a website but don't know it off the top of my head. Hunt was $625 or $650 plus tips.
Most of his clients are return clients. I don't think he does a whole lot of new business.
If you google Nessen Schmidt King City you can get his phone number and probably find his website.

Hallx7 said:
chava714 said:

I know he has a website but don't know it off the top of my head. Hunt was $625 or $650 plus tips.
Most of his clients are return clients. I don't think he does a whole lot of new business.
If you google Nessen Schmidt King City you can get his phone number and probably find his website.

Sounds like a great hunt, and looks like it's only about 5-hour drive from my area (North OC).
Is it a 2-day hunt? and does it include any lodging?
Those are some great looking hogs! And you were out by Saturday.
Thanks for sharing. I'll look for this guide online.
-J

FishnShoot said:
Hallx7 said:
chava714 said:

Sounds like a great hunt, and looks like it's only about 5-hour drive from my area (North OC).
Is it a 2-day hunt? and does it include any lodging?
Those are some great looking hogs! And you were out by Saturday.
Thanks for sharing. I'll look for this guide online.
-J

I live in Corona. Drove up to Santa Clarita to pick up my buddy. It was about 6 hours with a stop for breakfast and another for gas.
It doesn't include lodging but there are a bunch of motels in King City for about $50 a night.
It's a two day hunt but we wanted to be done ASAP as my buddy had to get ready to go out of state for 6 months. We got lucky and tagged out Friday evening.
You're done as soon as your group tags out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu