Hoss First Bow!!

Gary 619

Nov 12, 2014
My name is Larry but everyone calls me Hoss. I've been hunting for about five years now but only with the use of a firearm, until I went to Southern California Hunting BBQ. That's right, I was the lucky winner of a Bowtech bow! I have always wanted to get a bow and start archery hunting but just couldn't afford making that jump. I was so excited to finally get a bow even knowing it would be a while before I could shoot it because of the price of all the accessories, but I didn't care, I had my own bow. The following Wednesday, I received a phone call from John (NBK) of Southern California Hunting telling me that my bow that I won included all accessories, a ready to shoot bow. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it was like I was being told I won the lottery! I'm so excited to have my bow and love shooting it. I want to thank Mr. John and all the Southern California Hunting staff for a great BBQ and raffle!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
OUTSTANDING!.......That's the kind of story I like to hear........ 8)

Oh and welcome to SCH......Can't wait to see end result........Shoot away...... ;)

That's a great post! Looked like you're getting 'er dialed in pretty well already. Hope you get to the 3D shoot this weekend.

great story with happy ending :).. SCH is awesome!!

I don't think I'm ready yet for any shoot out yet. I'm still learning and practicing. Thank you for the kind words though!

After you use it for 1-2 weeks, it's a good idea to have the bow, and your form, checked for draw length, draw weight, peep position, etc. The shop where SCH bought the gear will do that for you.

Bruce at the Bow & Arrow shop set it all up for me. He was awesome! He stayed an hour after closing to stay with me and show me the fundamentals and had it all tuned in for me. He told me the same thing to come back in a week and he will give me some more pointers. Can't thank Bruce enough for spending his own personal time with me. I'm a customer for life now.

has anyone ever said anything but epic great things about Bruce and the bow and arrow shop!!!!

Hoss,

You are why we (SCH - Staff) put on the SCH BBQ/Banquet every year. It is our way of giving back to the forum. And your story is exactly what we had hoped for regarding the raffle. Welcome to the SCH forum. We hope you stay involved and enjoy the great camaraderie.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu