Hot day in the valley

Nice job I wanted to take my dogs out but I was worried it was to hot how'd Donald handle the heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shooting guys!

Lots of cool water & shade for the dogs their are also small canals your dog can take a swim/wade in that's cooler than the air. I also will put water and some ice in the bottom of the kennel for the dogs to cool down. You can feed them Gatorade to help them if they get too hot. I also crank the AC and let the air blow into their mouth to help cool them down. Just remember they cool off by panting & the pads of their feet.

Just don't let them run too hard and watch how many they retrieve back to back. I've seen two dogs at trials crash they get confused run from shade to shade don't listen and just don't look good if that happens get them in the shade in a small pool of cool water and feed them Gatorade ASAP.
I have two black dogs and they get hot pretty fast but both know when to cool off after many years in the IV.......I just wish I could go for a swim in between shots like they do....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu