Hotter than H-E doulble tooth picks

Caleb DeVille

Sep 10, 2014
Well my AO tag is filled, was able to get out to hunt, mostly just to get in the field and see what's going on this year, as this was my first time in the field this year.
I climbed into my tree and was sweating like a pig, it was over 100 and hot.

I heard something down the mountain below me, I was glassing down there when I saw his left back tine. He looked good, and I decided I'd take him if he came to me, not only did he come right to me but he stepped out at 5 yards slight quartering away. I picked a spot and started to draw my recurve, I have been hitting all of my spots when I was practice shooting and felt confident I could make this chip shot.

It was a little hard coming to full draw as he was almost straight down, then I cut the arrow loose and it buried deep angling for his off side shoulder.
He jumped forward and up hill, stopping at around 15-20 yard almost level with me, it looked like he was going to go down right there, but I had already pulled another arrow and hit him again on his right side this time.

He tried to run, but could not, and piled up right in front of me.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 248
I got home and all the meat in the cooler at around 1:00am and I had to be at work in 2 hours....... it hurts a little, but it's a good hurt.

All I had was my cell phone, so I only have a few pic's

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 243
congrats he looks pretty wide! how wide is he ? did you enter the contest on here ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu