HOW MANY ROUNDS DO YOU SHOOT FOR A LIMIT OF DOVE?

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
So with dove season approaching how many rounds will you shoot to get a limit of dove?
I know we have some serious bird hunters here and some not so serious bird hunters so this should be interesting.
For myself I only bird hunt the opening three days of dove. After that I'm deer hunting or other big game.
I can usually get it done under a box per day, last year 63 rounds for thirty birds.

That's a tough one, some days I cant miss other days I suck. The last opener I did in Az a few years ago I was done in thirteen shots (best ever) I'm lucky though part of the way we make a living involves trigger time so I have my hands on a loaded gun every few days.

I am like Fred...some days the birds are in big trouble and some days they are laughing to the roost!

On the other hand, the more shells I shoot the more fun I am having. ;D

On the ground. About a half dozen arrows per kill. ;)

Well it use to take about 75-100 rds per day, but with the purchase of better shotguns and about 24yrs of dove hunting Im at about 30-50 rds per day. I can't wait to get back out there!

i did 24 twice last year i shot 12 in a row in argentina i few years back

I always get my limit on the opener with 3/4 of a box or so. One of the funny lines I use in the field when dove hunting is "Anyone want to see what a limit of dove looks like?" Its all in fun and only directed towards my Bro's since I am usually limited out in a few minutes first.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu