How was everyone's dove opener?

BakoHNTR

Jun 4, 2016
Not the best flight around here on opening day, but you just can't beat September 1st! Took my Weim Bandit out, I love to see a good birddog work. Check out the trailer for this upcoming full-length film... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. Looks like you had a good time.
I hunted AZ. Limited about 7:30 with 8 WW, 7 Mornings and 25 Euros. Euros were pretty thick, wouldn't have been hard to shoot 100 of them. I quit shooting them to concentrate on the others.

Pretty cool. Looks like you had a good time.
I hunted AZ. Limited about 7:30 with 8 WW, 7 Mornings and 25 Euros. Euros were pretty thick, wouldn't have been hard to shoot 100 of them. I quit shooting them to concentrate on the others.

Wow. That sounds like one heck of a shoot!

had a epic weekend here, shot till my shoulder was sore. never even heard another group of hunters and it was not even that hot!

Nice trailer. Would like to see the whole movie. Cool you mounted the camera on your dog.
Have you tried under the collar mount, maybe a chesty mount? I noticed all the camera work was done by the dog. Move the camera around will make a great video.

Cant wait to see the final production.

That's a good little video, what did you use to film ? Go pros ?

Thanks guys. Just testing out the go pro dog mount. I been shying away from filming most of my hunts because sometimes it feels like I'm too worried about getting a cool shot rather than appreciating a day in the field. Dog mount is a good compromise. Throw it on the pup and forget about it. He does all the work anyways! Haha

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Very cool. Yeah the camera can be a distraction, but we really appreciate your efforts on recording your hunt!

I took my 11 year old daughter on her first dove hunt as a licensed hunter and not just a bird dog...

we hunted the Brawley area and had exceptional shooting we had limits of WW and 5 MD each before the shadows disappeared. We had to be patient to get our MD because the WW were so thick.

My daughter shot a 410 O/U and would have put most of the guys i hunt with that shoot a 12 gauge to shame... she missed the first 3 birds, but not by much and that was about itsierra.jpgsierra 3.jpgsierra 4.jpg

That's awesome. As a dad and grandfather I love to see kids out hunting. My 8year old granddaughter is studying the book and learning the 22 as well as getting good with her bow. Kids are great especially the girls. Be proud of her and yourself.

Wow a limit with a 410 at her age ,you might have an Olympic shotgun shooter on your hands. I'm no expert but you might want to get her into some competitions and see if she has a shot at world class shooting competition. That's impressive !

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu