How was opening day?

Dave3006

Nov 26, 2019
I’m living vicariously through those lucky enough to hunt the opener.

How was it?

Crowds? Still wet from last weeks storm?

You didn't hear it from me, but rumor has it that Steve [ilovesprig] knocked it out of the park. Like, WAY out of the park. I didn't believe in reincarnation until I met Steve. Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, Jim Bridger, Buffalo Bill---They all joined forces in the After Life and came back as Steve.

Last edited:
For the girlfriends first hunt she drew #6 at wister. Almost the thought the whole hunt was over before it began when she saw the 2 giant spiders at the check station but she powered through it. It took her a few minutes to get her first but once she did she started wacking them. We finished in less than an hour. The best part of the whole day was having her carry the strap of ducks up the the check station with 50 plus guys waiting there.

.6749AF7C-8920-471B-B611-141785F85FC0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For the girlfriends first hunt she drew #6 at wister. Almost the thought the whole hunt was over before it began when she saw the 2 giant spiders at the check station but she powered through it. It took her a few minutes to get her first but once she did she started wacking them. We finished in less than an hour. The best part of the whole day was having her carry the strap of ducks up the the check station with 50 plus guys waiting there.

.View attachment 56318
There you go! Talk to Tom at SJ. I think there will a womens hunt in January with pheasant. Get her signed up. You got momentum now.
John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu