Hull Trash

bgundog35

Feb 8, 2013
Hunted this blind recently at Wister, what a f###ing mess! For the most part everyone is good about picking up there trash. not the case here! The pic's don't do it justice. These entitlement ass hole attitudes ," Oh fuck it, let some else wipe our asses and clean up after us". Clean up your shit dip shits!!!IMG_0986.jpgIMG_0987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my pet peeves. On our last hunt, the blind we had was almost immaculate. Kudos to the hunters that had that blind prior to us. We only found two empty shells and they were obviously ones missed because the previous hunters' gun threw them in oddball places and they just missed them. You're always going to have a couple you miss because of the way the guns throw the shells when they're ejected but leaving piles of them around is about a bogus as it gets. These idiots don't seem to realize that all it would take to lose our hunting privileges on our wildlife areas and refuges would be for some Sacramento or Washington D.C. big-wig to take a tour of one of the areas and see trash strewn all over, especially if it consists largely of expended shotgun shells. After all, how could anyone deny that the hunting community was responsible for trashing one of these areas if empty shotgun shells are a large percentage of the trash? After seeing such a display the political outsider would probably come to the conclusion that hunters don’t really care about the refuge and could start the process to have the area shut down to hunting. Far fetched you say…well, pay your money, take your chances, and is it worth that risk just to not have to carry out a couple of pounds of trash?

I am always finding these. I usually take a photo and post them in the big game Facebook groups and ask “what animal is this”. No one has choose duck hunter yet.
Hilarious!! And much truth there!!

I agree this isn’t just DHWW’s it’s selfish laziness . I always take a tall kitchen bag and if a junior hunter is with me I pick up along side of him . The discouraging thing I’ve noticed is the amount of 20ga hulls . I know some adults shoot 20’s but I would wager most are juniors . What are they being taught about responsible hunting from their lazy parent or other slob hunter ? Empty water bottles and cans , food wrappers or containers ? Shoes ? It’s all out there carried in by “hunters” who see no need to simply pick it up and carry it out . Again it’s the dis service to our youth who witness this behavior that really bothers me . Teach them the right way and lead by example ! Old Quack 49

Not a turd but one time I found a half-filled water bottle in the blind that had a yellow liquid in it. You and I know what it was but I didn't do any "testing" to confirm it. It had to be though, the color was a match. I mean, come on man (to borrow a phrase) piss in the bushes. What in hell are you saving it in a bottle for?

Bad idea. I reload all mine. The wife found them on line someplace and got a few strings.

I only reload the kids 410 hulls. Thankfully she doesn't shoot as much as her dad so the work load is light.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu