Human vs. Badger

TaftHunter said:
Lungpopper said:
I'm thinking It's going to be a fair fight or at least entertaining. May even compete with the UFC for prime time, especially if they can get that guy to narrate .

Badger- Jose aldo
House cat- alister overeem

Taft, I'm with you on this one. While I disagree that they are "p*ssies", I would happily try to take one one with nothing but a sheet and a dog crate.

Breacher don't pacify the situation we got Taft all fired up. I'd bet he is one badger sighting away from making a great accidental when animals attack video.

Me and some friends have caught them before on my buddies ranch in Mackay Idaho. You just dump a ton of water down their hole and 9 times out of 10 they come out real mad. Then you just grab them by the back of the neck and they cant do anything kind of like a cat. My friend caught a baby one once after killing the mom on the ranch and brought it home. It became a family pet. Coolest pet ever. Badger wrangling is super fun, especially after a few too many beers.

scott828 said:
Me and some friends have caught them before on my buddies ranch in Mackay Idaho. You just dump a ton of water down their hole and 9 times out of 10 they come out real mad. Then you just grab them by the back of the neck and they cant do anything kind of like a cat. My friend caught a baby one once after killing the mom on the ranch and brought it home. It became a family pet. Coolest pet ever. Badger wrangling is super fun, especially after a few too many beers.

I would have to see that to believe it...

These are the only pics i could find. I don't have any pictures of the actual process of catching him.

Attachments

• CCI00004.jpg
    CCI00004.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 10
Oh, I believe the part about having a pet. The dumping water down there hole and catching them as they come flying out interests me!

scott828 said:

That's what I like to read.

That wasn't the pet. That one was wild. As long as you keep a good grip on the back of their head they cant really do anything. My friend had an old flat bed pick up with a huge water tank at his ranch. You just park it with the valve over the hole and let it flow. Badgers are not aquatic animals and will usually come out very quick! Their holes have two ways in and out so someone has to be at the other end in case he comes out that way.

We found the vid on my friends phone, how do I post it? It's kind of hard to see, but at first you can see me holding on to its tail

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu