Hunted the Sea

Irvine

Oct 28, 2011
Had a decent shoot this morning......actually shot well today considering it was slow where I was......went 5 for 6 but still shot 1/2 box. Lol!

Completely shut down around 10:00 so threw In the towel.

Attachments

• Irvine.jpg
    Irvine.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 206
Great going Brian............Love the freelancing that we used to do on the sea (and fringes)..........Glad to see that someone is still doing it........... ;)

ilovesprig said:
Great going Brian............Love the freelancing that we used to do on the sea (and fringes)..........Glad to see that someone is still doing it........... ;)

When your friends are too lazy to put in for the draw leaving you the only one with a chance of drawing you have to make do. Lol!

Up to my waist in mud.

Brian,

Oh, I remember that mud well.........Scary mud.........Had an old friend hunting off of Alcott one time and he fell into one of those bottomless mud pots with water on top of it......Only thing that saved him was that he had decoys on his back and they floated.......He never recovered his shotgun.......Probably in China by now.......lol

Attachments

• Y16A-1....3-6-13[1].jpg
    Y16A-1....3-6-13[1].jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 200
I have nightmares about my waders filling up with water and being digested by that toilet we call the Salton Sea....

Irvine said:
I have nightmares about my waders filling up with water and being digested by that toilet we call the Salton Sea....
Always wear a wader belt, but either way the waders won't cause you to sink. Bouyancy will be the same. Do a youtube search, lots of wader tests on there. Only thing would be to avoid panicking.

Good shoot. Someone put some time into that blind.

Well done.. Not hunting duck this year. :( Will be back it next season I always hunt the ponds around the Wister area not Wister its self. Needed to cut a path through the toiles this year and didn't get it done..

sportyg said:
Well done.. Not hunting duck this year. :( Will be back it next season I always hunt the ponds around the Wister area not Wister its self. Needed to cut a path through the toiles this year and didn't get it done..
Gas powered weed Wacker sounds about right. I would think leaving it thick the first 5 feet would be smart to cover your trail though. Lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu