Hunter Codes, Ethics, & Etiquette

A bitter bunch huh.as was stated 10 % catch 90 % . That's all. There was nothing derogatory stated. I never went at sprig. All I was saying is that even with killer spots most won't ever see the game or know when to hold or when to fold. I can take 9 out of ten and they'll never see anything. I hunt public land and people in my spots is common but I don't worries because my countless hours of scouting and determining game habits in said spots will trump luck anyday. I may be young but don't underestimate my ability. My youth is an advantage and I use it. Sprig is a seasoned vet when it comes to local outdoor politics and sanctioned hunts. I'll give him that . But not for one second will I put anybody on some pe da stool for many things I don't agree with. Obviously I'm remembered for past posts and there's bad blood here. Oh well. Regardless of everybody's opinions I will continue to call em as I see um. The way I see it is regardless of one's network of fellow sportsman private land access or political power it doesn't make tom better than dick or harry. In fact the guys that hunt their but off and regardless of kill or no kill still have a good time and hopefully spent it with someone dear to them. On another note I'm over the I got his back, you don't know half blah blah blah. It's the same thing everywhere. I don't shoot balboa any more because even with somebody keeping my score I cheat. I've won numerous events there only to be accused of cheating because a bunch of old timers who shoot mediocre at best can't stand the fact that my 29 year old youth sank 7 straight through the iron turkey. Or the big dog shoot. Shot 8 points from perfect but because I shot over 60 points over 2nd . It's everywhere. Bitter people who can't stand the truth and think that they're the best. Yeah for you. Those of you who know me know my knowledge and I'll help any chance I get. And you can hunt my spots without me. It won't hurt my feelings.

That's right. People are brazen online but in person is a whole different thing. Hey stick get ready. Like I said last year 20 guns with 1000 decoy spread. I'm coming in hot this year. Get ready . The young guys are stepping it up a notch. Get sum

Steve (Sprig)

Thank You Partner.words of wisdom, Us old timers can use the refresher too.
I turned 59 this year it's great to see the new young guys start up right.

to all
finding a sweet spot is hard work please cherish the fact that people want to share it with you.
please please pick up your trash. if you pack in , please pack it out.
I see lots of trash out there and there is no reason for it. Lets keep America clean & safe.
bottles, plastic, etc..

words of wisdom.

Thanks for the advice. This is only my second season hunting so this is good information that isn't in any of the regs.

Appreciate it.

It's all good Wackum. Tom may have misinterpreted the posts (I think he mentioned that in another post where we published the same ethics info that Steve wrote). Everyone has their opinion and that is what makes life interesting.

Lets all just have fun and look forward to another exciting season ahead of us. ;)

Reactions: Goyaałé
Great write up Steve, I think I broke rule number 2 once hehe ;D

Everyone has their own hunting style, now lets all get off the computer and go catch or kill something will ya.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Re: Hunter Codes, Ethics, & Etiquette

Matagi said:
Haha thanks for the warning Matagi. I'll bring a book to read. ;D

Matagi said:

Everyone has their own hunting style, now lets all get off the computer and go catch or kill something will ya.

Or twice......................lol

Hey let's have a great time this year.I not looking back. Because nothing will change what ever happened in the past. I just an other guy who likes to hunt. As time passes. Our time gets shorter and I cherish every minute I can. My personal experience has been this. What seemed import at a previous past is now not important as I thought it was. I have lost many friends and family. Life is to short to get caught up with whatever. I enjoy everyone's company here. Sometimes as an engineer I tend to forget what is really important. Friends and family. I wish you all a happy and safe hunt this year. Cherish every moment because life is never straight path. God bless

Ghost (Lee)

I wanted to add to #9 Safety

As I have had a bad experience where a hunter did not take the time to verify his target. which should have been a deer. forked horn or better. instead he saw movement got excited and shot at me.

especially you NOBS. always always verify the target and make sure what you are shooting at is a Deer. Always use optics to verify that you are seeing a deer, a pig or what ever may be the case. and not a Human. I can not stress this enough..

and don't shoot somebodys cow. holy mother this has happened before.

Safe and Happy Hunting

Ghost (Lee)

Id like to add something else geared towards new hunters but something we should all keep in mind. Im not new to out doors ive been mountain climbing, rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, mountaineering as well as off roading for more then 25 years and everything has specific rules that we must keep to so it does not look bad on our sport. I think this is most important in hunting. Getting to the point....

I am some what new to hunting a few years now, and i have been trying to help as many new hunters as possible. Many different new hunters have been telling me they can pick and choose where and when to hunt. if an area is a, no discharge of any fire arm for any reason, it does not mean go ahead and try to go behind a hill or around a corner and hunt anyway. As well if an area says no rifles please do not take your AR into the woods or dessert and bang away at yotes. if your not allowed to hunt while drunk please don't, every one in the state will thank you. A few newbies i have been talking to are starting to scare me a little, with statements like i take a 6 pack, my call box and my rifle out at sun set. It does not mean we will not make a mistake but please DO NOT CHOOSE to disobey the rules because you dont like them or think you will get away with it. It makes us all look bad and gives the bad people things to use against us.

This is true, Especially in California. Yes we will make mistakes, but don't deliberately go out there and give PITA and their minion ammunition to outlaw hunting.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu