Hunters ed..

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Got a question maybe one of yous can help. So a coworker of mine has shown interest and wants to go out with me for rabbit season this July. I told him to get his hunters ed done and get his license but to hurry since it's tough to get a class in time. As it stands the only class available with our work schedule is for early Aug. He mentioned that he actually did a hunters ed course back in 2002 and got his license but wasn't sure if he needed to again.

It is my understanding that he should be good to go right?

We tried signing him up through the wildlifelicense site but says he doesnt have proof of hunters ed on there. I told him to contact the general license counter at the DFW but thought I'd ask you fine gentlemen.

If he can find his old license, he will be good to go....2002 was probably before the computer/online stuff....If here's no record, then I would assume that he would have to take the test again.

Bass pro gives half the test on line, then 1/2 day at their location in Rancho Cucamonga

Yes have him find his old license.
Use it as proof. To purchase a new license. But tell him to keep diggen to find his certificate..
Even though I had old license and could purchase my license. I retook it. It is now on the f & web site.
I got my hunter Ed in 69. No computers lol.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
ugh... i cant find my hunter ed cert or my bow hunter ed cert. I was one of the people to get the archery class done. I have a photo copy but the number is not visible. i am on file with utah and montana but ill have to get a Hunter ed with my daughter pretty soon so no great loss

Reactions: Dawnandusk
ugh... i cant find my hunter ed cert or my bow hunter ed cert. I was one of the people to get the archery class done. I have a photo copy but the number is not visible. i am on file with utah and montana but ill have to get a Hunter ed with my daughter pretty soon so no great loss
The state tracks everything you should be fine call CA DFG

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
You can also fill out an affidavit at a license dealer saying you have had a hunting license in the past.

Reactions: Aeon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu