Hunters Family Tree

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
Heres a pic of my dad, me, and my daughter!
How long is your hunters family tree ?

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1389534776384.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1389534776384.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 124
Steve,

Great pictures and a great thought for a thread............10

Both my parents came from hunting backgrounds......My moms side is from Oklahoma (Swiss & American Indian decent)......My dads side is from Kansas of Italian decent. Both sides hunted mostly small game because there were very few to no deer in those states in the 30's & 40's. No turkeys either. My dad did a lot of trapping as well. One uncle was a houndsman in Oregon.

My parents moved to California in the late 40's......And California was certainly the land of plenty for the outdoorsman......All my uncles and grandfathers on both sides hunted and fished.

My daughter just started hunting last year at 25........I knew she'd come around........lol

Pictures......My dad's dad, my dad, my dad & uncle, and my daughter & me.

Attachments

• scan030.jpg
    scan030.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 35
  • scan036.jpg
    scan036.jpg
    952.4 KB · Views: 36
  • scan012.jpg
    scan012.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6790.JPG
    IMG_6790.JPG
    639.4 KB · Views: 41
Here's a picture from our 2014 dove hunt. 19 of those pictured have the same last name. My grandfather, dad and many uncles and cousins. Outdoorsman with varying levels of hunting experience. My son (not pictured) will be the 4th generation of hunters in the family.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1411441380792.jpg
    PicsArt_1411441380792.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
ilovesprig said:
Steve,

Great pictures and a great thought for a thread............10

Both my parents came from hunting backgrounds......My moms side is from Oklahoma (Swiss & American Indian decent)......My dads side is from Kansas of Italian decent. Both sides hunted mostly small game because there were very few to no deer in those states in the 30's & 40's. No turkeys either. My dad did a lot of trapping as well. One uncle was a houndsman in Oregon.

My parents moved to California in the late 40's......And California was certainly the land of plenty for the outdoorsman......All my uncles and grandfathers on both sides hunted and fished.

My daughter just started hunting last year at 25........I knew she'd come around........lol

Pictures......My dad's dad, my dad, my dad & uncle, and my daughter & me.

small world steve my dads was from Tulsa, Oklahoma, in need to swing by Moms see if I can find more pics

Breacher said:
Here's a picture from our 2014 dove hunt. 19 of those pictured have the same last name. My grandfather, dad and many uncles and cousins. Outdoorsman with varying levels of hunting experience. My son (not pictured) will be the 4th generation of hunters in the family.

great pic breacher, now that's a huntin patry !!

Breacher said:
Wow. Cool picture Adventuress!

Thx Breacher - it's an old postcard. In the States he really only stuck to New York (old NYC and Lake Placid) and took adventure trips to Alaska. He attempted to be the first person to reach the north pole (by sled dog) but abandoned the trip when he received word that Admiral Peary made it there first. My uncles say he damned near loved his dogs more than his own sons. :D

The few photos we have are so old, which is a real shame because the scenes are just stunning!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu