Hunting in D15

The entire wildomar area is also closed indefinitely since a few years ago after the Wildomar fire. South main divide is closed between Tenaja Falls and Elsinore peak. All these closures really narrow down where you can access the hunting land. As far as shooting, you just have to make sure you are on National Forest land and a certain distance from a road, trail, campsite or any structure.

Where does it say you have to be a certain distance from the road?

RE: Roads- It just says no shooting OVER a road in the regs.
If I'm wrong please direct me to where it states otherwise.

'dog,

F & W code reads a 150 yds from any occupied dwelling, outbuilding, or barn...Roads can not be shot on or over...There could be some county ordinances though...For instance, Imperial county has a law that says you can not shoot within 50 yds or any named county road or state hwy...I can think of one time it was actually enforced, and that was near a NWR (no permission from landowner either).

Sprig - Thank you sir.

RE: That snide-ass "Wikipedia Entry" comment. And whom made it.

I don't see you making these types of comments when within arms-reach now do I. <Mic Drop>

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu