Hunting Pack

Yes the rifle scabbard and the 100 oz bladder. Was considering the rain cover but it says the pack is waterproof.

Eric

I understand you want to put the bladder on the opposite side of the scabbard to balance the load. Let us know how you like it. I'm on the fence with the same set up you have.

Srfnkill said:
I like my Badlands 2800. I use it to hunt and train with. Its been used and abused and still is in great shape.

skrfnkill if you would slit the rear legs at the bend on the rear legs and cut the front legs at the bend (with out cutting the tendon) and put the front legs through the rear legs you can use the legs like pack straps and you don't need a pack. I have done this on a lot Deer, woks good.

The pack arrived today. Looks like a really well built pack. Going to load it up with something heavy, may be bags of sand and do a walk around the neighborhood. Any tips of fitting?

thanks

Eric

The "walking sticks" or ski poles are amazing. I thought they were dumb when I first saw them. Well, I am a convert! It is like being in 4 wheel drive. When packing an animal off a mountain, there is no substitute. The are a lot to choose from. Leki and Komperdell poles are some of the best.

Best advise yet!

Just like back packing put the light stuff on the bott and the heavy stuff towards the center thenedium weight up high. Use the lifter straps on the shoulder straps to keep the weight off the top Of your shoulders so your hands still get blood flow.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu