• AR-15

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • semi-auto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • single-shot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to be pretty much a bolt action or single action guy but lately I prefer to use my AR for our local deer and pigs.

I'm finding that since I started reloading a few years back I really enjoy lever action. Most of my shooting is lever action and single action revolvers. I leave the "black guns" for work. But for more precision shooting I like my bolt action.

What are we hunting for that way I know the to grab the right tool for the job.

But you also need to add Bow. There are a lot of people that hunt everything with a Bow I am just saying lol

motorhead said:
White Smoke said:
Depends on what game you are after. Varmints (coyotes, fox, bobcats, etc.) AR-15 semi-auto hands down. Big game - bolt action

I'm with White smoke on this one

I am with Motorhead and White smoke on this one. Although a bolt-gun is a do all rig for sure!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu