Hunting Utah’s general season

I have fixed turrets. After 300 yards it's all windage and elevation.
Some of these moa or Mil Rad Scopes are either defective, or not designed correctly. Research I did
Some of the turrets lose proper
Calibration. This may or may not be his issue but sure appears to be.

Some of these moa or Mil Rad Scopes are either defective, or not designed correctly. Research I did

Another reason to spend the money on “GOOD” equipment.

Reactions: Kellendv

Another reason to spend the money on “GOOD” equipment.

I am shooting a vortex viper HSLR. I guess out the problem I think, the turret screw had came loose (no idea how) and was zeroed close to 400. Tightened it and now it adjust.... I am back in San Diego now, and unfortunately there is no where here I know of to shoot to distance. I had a spot but it is BLM and currently closed to shooting.
I am going to Wyoming for thanksgiving and my brother and I will put some rounds through it to figure it out.

Had a great time regardless
403435cb8906f42262a948d4b69ffdd8.jpg
6eb184d3f911228641c6bb8d84142bb1.jpg
afa2cc62a6ea836b5f49e660d8a81881.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I am amazed again at how these deer can disappear. I would be staring right at them, they would turn, and completely disappear. Stare long enough they would
Move and reappear. The gray ghost is incredible.

See if you can spot the deer pictured (and not just the obvious one haha)
6512fb371262c1cd1a2f3617b7533bdc.jpg
f6d2f301ef184c033e4553e6a8f29e4f.jpg
2173cb99a1542f23a7fdaa2156b9cfa2.jpg

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I have to say, I am amazed again at how these deer can disappear. I would be staring right at them, they would turn, and completely disappear. Stare long enough they would
Move and reappear. The gray ghost is incredible.

See if you can spot the deer pictured (and not just the obvious one haha)
6512fb371262c1cd1a2f3617b7533bdc.jpg
f6d2f301ef184c033e4553e6a8f29e4f.jpg
2173cb99a1542f23a7fdaa2156b9cfa2.jpg

Ocurtis I recommend sending your scope back to vortex. Have them do complete analysis. Make it like new.
Stuff gets knocked around or mfg defect.
Mean while do you have a backup?
By the way beautiful country there.
Lots of deer thanks for the report
And the pics
LB

Ocurtis I recommend sending your scope back to vortex. Have them do complete analysis. Make it like new.
Stuff gets knocked around or mfg defect.
Mean while do you have a backup?
By the way beautiful country there.
Lots of deer thanks for the report
And the pics
LB

Just sold my backup haha! I had a 7mm-08

I had some issues as well on my general season Utah deer hunt, different issues but I caused me to come home empty handed don’t feel bad it happens. What unit were you hunting ? And we’re you solo hunting ? I hunted Zion and I was solo hunting. Just curious if you were hunting the same unit. How big were the bucks that you missed ?

I had some issues as well on my general season Utah deer hunt, different issues but I caused me to come home empty handed don’t feel bad it happens. What unit were you hunting ? And we’re you solo hunting ? I hunted Zion and I was solo hunting. Just curious if you were hunting the same unit. How big were the bucks that you missed ?

Nothing big, forkies, one nice forky. Was hunting with my brother from Wyoming, he was along for the trip. Oquirh stansbury unit. Tons of forks, even more hunters!

How was Zion?

Zion was the same some small bucks and a crazy amount of hunters . I missed the opener due to hunting Wyoming so I wasn’t able to give Utah the credit that was due. I think I will give it another try but would rather go with someone instead of solo hunting and camping haha

Reactions: Ocurtis
Zion was the same some small bucks and a crazy amount of hunters . I missed the opener due to hunting Wyoming so I wasn’t able to give Utah the credit that was due. I think I will give it another try but would rather go with someone instead of solo hunting and camping haha

I saw a nice buck the day before the opener but he was low and went into hiding. Saw a few 3 pointers but couldn’t get in position.

Next year I hope to go back to Wyoming with my brother will see. How did your Wyoming hunt go

I saw a nice buck the day before the opener but he was low and went into hiding. Saw a few 3 pointers but couldn’t get in position.

Next year I hope to go back to Wyoming with my brother will see. How did your Wyoming hunt go

My season went well in Wyoming killed a respectable buck for a otc tag and got a antelope doe tag and was able to fill that as well.

.57498A2D-7B5A-4DE1-A680-1302996D76D4.jpegF687FE8C-C91F-4526-AC60-0A1654B7988D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu