I can't stop watching this

SD Mike

Proud member of BH&A, RMEF and NWTF.
Feb 25, 2015
San Diego
pretty cool .gif showing the cross section of a firing shotgun.

http://i.imgur.com/RR80SD4.gifv

Benelli's are awesome. I have the Nova (some say it is a Nova and not a 'Benelli' but you can literally feel the motion of that video when the pump cycles). It is an amazing low cost, pump, 12g (I added the limbsaver to reduce the recoil of the hard rubber butt on the stock).

Note: With 3" shells it only holds 2 plus the chambered round when the CA limiter is installed. I would not recommend removing the CA limiting plug - it was the only thing the Ranger checked the last time I met one.

To my knowledge, no state allows more than 3 shells in a shotgun (2 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber) while hunting game birds (spring snow geese excepted).....And always check new 870's when you buy one.....Many times they did NOT put the plugs in..... ???

ilovesprig said:
To my knowledge, no state allows more than 3 shells in a shotgun (2 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber) while hunting game birds (spring snow geese excepted).....And always check new 870's when you buy one.....Many times they did NOT put the plugs in..... ???

5 shells allowed in AZ for non migratory birds like Quail. I still leave my plug in because my truck on a typical day out at the river ends up with ducks, quail, dove, and euros in it. The two extra shells are not worth it to me especially since I am constantly hunting different species down there. Also good luck explaining that you had a plug in for the duck and not the quail.

Learn something every day....They apparently changed that law a few years ago....Thanks Drew.......Lots of states have a similar law.

Used to shoot crows without a plug......Probably illegal now...... ;)

In MX it's as many as your extended tube can hold.....one of my SBE 1 can hold 9......swings great for roosters not so much for quail

Woops. My mistake. I thought that we were allowed 3 shells in the magazine and that it was the fact I was using 3" shells that my Nova only held 2. Glad I had the plug.

DanSanDiego said:
Woops. My mistake. I thought that we were allowed 3 shells in the magazine and that it was the fact I was using 3" shells that my Nova only held 2. Glad I had the plug.

Big no no! Good thing you didn't get checked.

Ok if you watch it for about 5 min it finally does the dreded benelli click. That gun also has wolf Springs and was a safe queen.

Must be the off season, next I'll talk about brown labs

Aeon said:
Ok if you watch it for about 5 min it finally does the dreaded Benelli click. That gun also has wolf Springs and was a safe queen.

Must be the off season, next I'll talk about brown labs

Bill,

I'll trade that Benelli click every 1000 shots for the fact that it's the best pointing production shotgun money can buy.....And trust me, my Benelli's aren't safe queens..... ;)

ps......Pic of newest brown lab...... :D

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    604.9 KB · Views: 40
I've never had the click in either of my two but I keep them dirty and don't shoot from the hip

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu