I checked my camera's

wheels

Mar 1, 2011
East County, Ca
sdcvc.com
If you are going to hunting rifle and want to do it in the rec area you better make sure you don't walk in front of a camera. You better know your boundaries before you start hunting with a rifle in the archery only area. People can be so lame. Hunt legally and stop screwing it all up for the rest of us. If you get caught then you hurt us all. You give the Anti's nothing but ammo to put more rules and regulations on our already over regulated hunting area.

You are correct! Some guys are ignorant and others don't care about following the rules. :mad:

I have heard a few people say that a "friend" of theirs hunted in a particular area of the Rec. Area with a rifle and after they show me where they were I make sure I give them grief about and let them know that they aren't supposed to be there with a rifle and they are going to screw it up for everyone else. :mad:

Personally I have hunted near the Recreation Area with my rifle and make sure I know the boundry lines for the Rec. Area and the surrounding Private Property because I want to make sure I am obeying the laws and regulations. I even keep an app on my iPhone that shows me everything just to be 100% sure.

Some people just don't care if they mess it up for everyone else. :mad:

I wont show the picture. If I saw more and saw this clown doing it frequently I might look at other actions to deal with it. Just remember people, cameras are everywhere.

report it to the NF, let them take care of it. it's the Rangers job. last thing we need is joker wandering a round in the rec area with rifles or shotguns.

I checked some cams this morning in the rec area. 2 hunters been working the area at night. I'm not talking walking out after dark from tree strand. I'm talking hrs! After sunset. Spot lights and arrows loaded in hand!! Scum bags can not do it right so they cheat.

Moral to the story....You can't rifle hunt in the Laguna Recreation Area and if you do, you might want to smile for the camera. ;D

If anyone is unsure of the boundaries, get a map and familiarize yourself with it.

Cali Ridge Runner said:
I checked some cams this morning in the rec area. 2 hunters been working the area at night. I'm not talking walking out after dark from tree strand. I'm talking hrs! After sunset. Spot lights and arrows loaded in hand!! Scum bags can not do it right so they cheat.

OK that makes sense I hunt an area til dark & next morning I come back. I find deer guts covered up next to the road. & It was very obvious.
I would definitely report that to NF enforcement. we don't need jokers spotlighting at night.

Well one thing to think about when it comes to night hunting. It is legal to hunt and spotlight predators in the night hours now that the general deer season is closed. So with that being said it could be predator hunters and it is legal.

I have them on 3 different nights , with the last night being Sunday the 24th so I would say they were poachers or may be pradator hunters not knowing the law to the fullest.

Wheels

The area is Archery only area , D-16 & A-22 . the guts where deer,and not a predator. I know that for sure. I know what deer guts look like.
if you have guy's poaching. and seen with camera's, you decide. I had no proof of who did it.

I'm not saying there was no poachers I'm just saying you have to remember also that the people with lights and bows could be predator hunters. The best thing to do is let fish and game figure it out. I mean fish and wildlife. :D

wheels said:
I'm not saying there was no poachers I'm just saying you have to remember also that the people with lights and bows could be predator hunters. The best thing to do is let fish and game figure it out. I mean fish and wildlife. :D

yes agreed. happiness is

Sounds like somebody has pictures of somebody from the forum is hunting with a rifle in the rec area !

Breacher said:
Moral to the story....You can't rifle hunt in the Laguna Recreation Area and if you do, you might want to smile for the camera. ;D

If anyone is unsure of the boundaries, get a map and familiarize yourself with it.

Should the moral of the story include not bow-hunting after hours too? Just saying...

Well I am not sure about that. I would guess you would have to take that up with the ranger and ask that question if you were to get caught. Maybe this is a option but I would say that the picture I have or should I say two I have looks like it he was in pursuit of an animal just the way the rifle was being carried.

This is what the forest writes

Laguna Mt. Recreation Area
RESTRICTION: No discharge of fire arms is allowed at anytime in the Laguna Mt. Recreation Area (only archery hunting is allowed during season).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu